PRE-SEASON PEEK

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

PRE-SEASON PEEK

Postby Irishwhistler » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:25 am

I have taken a look at a few of my "honey holes" in the last few days. Starting to see Woodies and Mallards in good numbers. Also seems to be good numbers of resident Honkers. Less than a month to go on "resident geese". Yaaaaaa baby :thumbsup: !

Eyes To The Skies,
Irishwhistler
Irishwhistler
hunter

Re: PRE-SEASON PEEK

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Irishwhistler wrote:I have taken a look at a few of my "honey holes" in the last few days. Starting to see Woodies and Mallards in good numbers. Also seems to be good numbers of resident Honkers. Less than a month to go on "resident geese". Yaaaaaa baby :thumbsup: !

Eyes To The Skies,
Irishwhistler

The wait and countdown is really getting to me, I got that itch!
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby JimG » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm sorry, the gps coordinates are what? :lol3:
No cyber scouting allowed
JimG
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 pm

JimG wrote:I'm sorry, the gps coordinates are what? :lol3:

Jim,
Cromwell.

Heh, heh, just kidding. If I told ye, I'd have to kill ye.

Cheers Lad,
Irishwhistler
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:41 pm

JimG wrote:I'm sorry, the gps coordinates are what? :lol3:

This. Haha
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:14 pm

I see you shared copious amounts of info about NF. Care to point out anything I should know about YOUR honey holes......
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:24 am

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:I see you shared copious amounts of info about NF. Care to point out anything I should know about YOUR honey holes......

SURE!
The copious amount of information "shared" on North Farms was specific to a thread inquiring about a PUBLIC body of water with a STATE OWNED LAUNCH. If one has even less than average comprehensional reading skills, the context was anything but encouraging for the masses to swarm North Farms for the marginal experience it might provide. And like it or not, if you consider North Farms one of "YOUR" honey holes, (NEWSFLASH), it is a PUBLIC BODY OF WATER.

Regarding "MY" honey holes, they are all on private waters and surrounded by private lands, something cultivated over years as great relationships with landowners for whom I have offered to do and actually done chores / sweat equity on their properties for the privilege of hunting them. Something YOU might try instead of whining about me posting info that is "common" to most Connecticut waterfowlers in the know.

Hey, I hope Long Island Sound isn't one of YOUR honey holes too, because if it is, the rest of us surely won't go there. Get real
amateur. :no: You sound like the exact kind of A$$HAT that would make any time spent on North Farms an outright exercise in frustration for good, ethical, waterfowlers. So pardon me for not first seeking your permission to share information with other waterfowlers about YOUR honey hole on VERY PUBLIC WATERS! :violin:

Irishwhistler
Last edited by Irishwhistler on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby trnoti » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks for the peek report Irish.... Lookin good! Im seeing the same.. I'm new to this site and have noticed lots of complaining. Don't know if I'll be on this forum for long?? I want to talk about ducks and duck related topics. I don't like to hear old ladies complaining.
trnoti
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:39 am

Please do not confuse my intolerance of informational diarrhea with reading comprehension.... You spelled "sure" wrong btw.... :welcome: . There are certain locations that are not specifically listed in the regs as legal or not, so one must inquire themselves as to the legality of hunting that spot. Just because it is public does not mean everyone knows about it. I have a few spots that are state land that I know for a fact I'm the only one hunting it. That being said I'm not about to let the whole interwebs know about it, even if someone asks. If you really want to help someone out, and or get information do it in a PM, this way those who are only on here to appropriate info with out contributing can't see the message. I have no problem sharing the swamp with someone who's put in the time and effort but the day you meet someone in a spot and find out they found it because of the Internet, maybe you'll understand.
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:Please do not confuse my intolerance of informational diarrhea with reading comprehension.... You spelled "sure" wrong btw.... :welcome: . There are certain locations that are not specifically listed in the regs as legal or not, so one must inquire themselves as to the legality of hunting that spot. Just because it is public does not mean everyone knows about it. I have a few spots that are state land that I know for a fact I'm the only one hunting it. That being said I'm not about to let the whole interwebs know about it, even if someone asks. If you really want to help someone out, and or get information do it in a PM, this way those who are only on here to appropriate info with out contributing can't see the message. I have no problem sharing the swamp with someone who's put in the time and effort but the day you meet someone in a spot and find out they found it because of the Internet, maybe you'll understand.

ctdeathfrombelow,

As for my spelling faux pas, t'was a simple brain fart that was corrected prior to you pointing it out for me. Note it was spelled correctly as used elsewhere within the text of my post. As for inquiring regarding the legality of hunting on North Farms Reservoir as an individual, that is exactly what Bonzai was doing. He may or may not have used YOUR approved method which I assume
might be to wade through the bureaucracy at DEEP and hope that he can find someone who can give him a definitive answer in a reasonable amount of time. Apparently,such inquiries with DEEP have met with less than outstanding response. Given your position, if someone like Bonzai asks about such a spot and we are at a DU function, am I not supposed to tell him because someone might overhear it and the info will then go viral on the DU grapevine? By YOUR rules yes, by mine NO. :no:

I hardly think my response to the OP was diarrhea of the mouth and your intolerance regarding the information I chose to provide is just that, my choice, not yours. We live in a small state with fewer hunters participating in the practice each year. With a total ****** for a Governor and a legislature and senate that has largely drank his toxic / unconstitutional Kool-Aid (take note, I am a BIG advocate of FREE SPEECH and the 2nd amendment), we need to stand in unity, not divided. Isolationism has not proven to be an effective strategy for long term survival.

If you really believe that you are the ONLY hunter that knows of YOUR State Land "Honey Holes", regardless if they ever get hunted or not, you are fooling ONLY yourself. RELAX, I am NOT going to start a war here by regularly posting closely guarded secrets about PUBLIC lands and waters.

As for you and I, it is my assumption that your :welcome: was sincere and pardon my reaction if I came out swinging for you calling me out for something that I affirmatively contend did not warrant doing so. That said, water under the bridge and I hope we can go forward in peace. Hell, we might even meet at one of your secret State land "Honey Holes" some morning! :lol3: Providing our total party does not exceed the maximum number of hunters allowed by law, I will gladly share my , eh, your spot with you. :beer:

Cheers Mate,
Irishwhistler
Irishwhistler
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting