Scoter Anyone?

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Scoter Anyone?

Postby Maggie's Dad » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:22 pm

Anyone been out sea ducking yet? Haven't had a chance myself but may try next week.

Reports?
Maggie's Dad
hunter

Postby Major Woods » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:04 am

I'm going to give it a try Sat off Clinton while blackfishing.
I'm going to get something, fish or fowl I don't care :yes:
Thousands on the boat.
Hundreds on decoys.
Time away from the wife....priceless
Major Woods
hunter

scoter

Postby brampus » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:50 pm

maggie's daddy
Dave ?

When along most of the coast and only saw a few birds around new haven
(scoter)I did how ever see a nice adult snow @ rams pasture in newtown,
some wigeon, mallards, and blacks everywhere and a immature blue goose in bridgeport I'll be going after scoter next weekend

Brampus
brampus
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:12 pm

had plenty of scoter (WW, black and surf) along the NH coast yesterday....with a few eiders and even OS already!

Great morning on the "pond" with a good mixed bag, flat seas, sunny and kinduv warm. :mrgreen:
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Sea Ducks are fun.

Postby on duck call » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:06 pm

I am looking forward to the late season. Love the ice and going out with big expectations. Sea Ducking is a fun change from the marsh but need to respect the big water. I ordered the new Goldeneyes and Buffies and can't wait til I use them. Right now I am all about Archery deer. I picked up an awesome piece and have seen some big bucks so far. I also saw a treestand that someone is poaching the property. The stand is no longer there and gave the stand to a friend in need. Good luck to all!
on duck call
hunter

Going Saturday

Postby Maggie's Dad » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:47 am

Thanks for the replies all. Been out of town in San Antonio (the quail were flying and dying) but Maggie had to stay home so she can't wait to get out. Back now.

Going out Saturday and looking forward to it!

Hopefully we'll have a big day!

Dave
Maggie's Dad
hunter

Postby sflem849 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:37 pm

My dad just moved to Stratford ?sp? from SE Wisconsin. I told him I would come and visit him if I could shoot some ducks on the ocean. How would I go about that... sfleming@delongcompany.com
sflem849
hunter

shooting on the ocean

Postby Maggie's Dad » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:14 pm

Not hard to get out from Stratford. Does your dad have a boat? He's right near the water and close to some decent duck shooting right in Stratford/Milford area.

Better sea duck hunting is East on the sound towards Branford but a short drive for a trailer boat.

We headed out to Faulkners today - off of Guilford. Some ducks flying but not many. We parked too close to the island and had most of them flying outside of our spread, we moved and the action picked up once some cloud cover came through.

Seemed that the bright sun made it hard for the ducks to see our decoys, in flat light under cloud cover they poured in but only for about 15 minutes. Then the sun came out again.

Tough day on the sound - although it sure was comfortable - light wind and warm. Just a nice day to be on the water - too bad we left our fishing poles at home.
Maggie's Dad
hunter

Guilford

Postby rden » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:34 pm

I was out in Guilford friday too! :) It was alot of fun shooting at birds. Notice that I said shooting at them......I didnt hit them. But dave was able to. It was a good day out.. thanks Dave.

rob
rden
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting