Duck Hunting Forum banner

Pre opener numbers

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SquadIrons 
#1 ·
How's it looking in everyone's neck of the woods this year ? Down on the shoreline seeing great numbers of mallards,lots of local family groups around with a few more darker in color showing up since the 20th with some cold temps. Up north. 5 to 10 miles inland on some small pieces of water woodie numbers are better then usual which surprises me with the extremely low water the last few weeks in them. Anyone finding teal ? saw some in early August but since then they seem to be almost nonexistent around here. And as for the geese they're just everywhere like always now that the corns getting cut up north I assume some of you guys had great ends to early goose ???

#4 ·
Seeing pretty good numbers here in the Norwich area and down to the shore in the Groton area. It's been pretty hit or miss though. One week I'll see huge numbers, the next I'll go 3 or 4 days without seeing a thing. Can't wait to get out there for the early split.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.