The 2013-2014 season is upon us!

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

The 2013-2014 season is upon us!

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:32 am

With opening day of the early duck season less than 2 weeks away I'm surprised it's not as busy on this forum. I'll be doing some last minute scouting this weekend and getting all my duck blinds in order and finishing them up. Can't wait! Already took the 9th, 10th, and 11th off of work. I plan on hunting hard this season, never felt more confident in my spots and calling ability! How's everyone else doing, you's ready?!
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Re: The 2013-2014 season is upon us!

Postby Citori16 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Boat's got holes in the transom, decoys have mud from 2009, waders still leak, various ends of calls scattered around the basement (none match), boat blind is waterlogged (I guess that wax fabric actually works :eek: )...yep, I'm ready :yes:

Prepping now for an upland trip next week. Been working on vehicles for 6 weekends or so, mostly to get mine ready for the season...and of course, can't do your own without doing everyone else's. New pup in the middle of that, a fox-red lab...technically my daughter's, but looks very promising (every dog we own turns into a hunting dog)...was doing lawn retrieves at 9 weeks :grooving:

Scouting here and there, not seeing the numbers in my normal haunts (like last year) so I will have to venture further. Working out some gear that will allow me to be more mobile. Also picked up some new calls to not play around with, broke down and actually bought a good one...I'm sure that will be the first one I lose this year.

Planning on doing more running-n-gunning than sitting-n-wishing this year.

At least I know the truck is up for it.
Did you say woodcock or woodduck?
Citori16
hunter

Re: The 2013-2014 season is upon us!

Postby SquadIrons » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:28 am

Citori16 wrote:...waders still leak

Thanks for reminding me. :eek: I have to patch mine before I get literal swamp @$$ next week. I've been out doing some scouting but I seem to only be seeing ducks where I can't hunt. I've been trying to do some scouting out towards the Branford/Guilford way because I plan to be doing a fair amount of hunting out that way this year. I also just picked up a Winchester SX3 yesterday. Haven't shot it yet so I can't wait to get out there.
SquadIrons
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting