First week back at it and

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

First week back at it and

Postby cthunter144 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:50 am

Mondays opener was one of the best days Iv ever had. between me and my buddy we limited out by 9 am. No shot was further then 30 yards wings cupped and feet down the way it should be. Image
The mallard on top was banded 10 miles from the Maine border
These rest of the week only got out for a quick shoot in the am on Thursday before work got this fat hen mallard one of the bigger ones Iv held , and went back that night to the same spot and managed a drake woodie for dinner ImageImage
Hope everyone's having good luck today can't get out. skim ice on all the local ponds around me should be pushing birds to bigger waters
cthunter144
hunter

Re: First week back at it and

Postby golferboy426 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:47 am

Awesome
golferboy426
hunter

Postby Citori16 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:18 pm

Niiiice!
Did you say woodcock or woodduck?
Citori16
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:01 pm

nice, multiple teal drakes plumed out.... :thumbsup:

I shot a drake pintail today

always nice to drop them into the bag

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby cthunter144 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Tool the drakes were mount worthy but black cloud tore them up pretty bad and they taste so good they all ended up on the table for dinner , but I love hearing when people shoot drake pintails amazing birds watching them work the spread is something special , congrats to you my dad shot the only one Iv ever seen within 25 yards in ct 3 January's ago on the coast and it now resides on our wall .
cthunter144
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:29 pm

cthunter144 wrote:Tool the drakes were mount worthy but black cloud tore them up pretty bad and they taste so good they all ended up on the table for dinner , but I love hearing when people shoot drake pintails amazing birds watching them work the spread is something special , congrats to you my dad shot the only one Iv ever seen within 25 yards in ct 3 January's ago on the coast and it now resides on our wall .

i know where you hunt has a lot to do with it, but I havent shot 6 fully plummed green wing teal drakes up in the northeast in all the years i have hunted, and we used to regularly bang the green wings on open days in both CT and NY.. And one of those fully plumed GW was up on thomaston maine in early dec!!!!!!!!

good hunting

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby PassinthruOutdoors » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:38 am

Nice job on the ducks. I still haven't been out this year. kids have me tied up deer hunting and I was in Saskatchewan for our first split. Hope to get out over the long Thanksgiving weekend.
PassinthruOutdoors
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting