Saturday and Tuesday Waterfowl

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Saturday and Tuesday Waterfowl

Postby UGADawg » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Saturday I took out two greenhorn friends of mine - both are very excited about learning the sport but also very new to it. With the warm weather last week and the outlook for Saturday, our expectations were managed. Set up on a local salt marsh with very little action from shooting light to 10am. We heard some more frequent shooting from another side of the marsh but there were very few birds in the air. We ended up with 3 hooded mergs - no classy outing but I'm glad the guys got shots. I hope someone out there had a better day than we did.

Tuesday I went with with woodynwc and hunted a field in NY. We got 4 mallards within the first 20 minutes of shooting light and really didn't see another duck (save a flight of 4 around 10am) until we left around noon. The geese started around 8:30 with steady action until 9:15 and then dead until the second flight around 11am which lasted maybe 15 minutes. We ended up with 5 honkers and 4 mallards (3 drakes and a hen). Will be out tomorrow. Good luck to all and merry christmas.

VIRGIL2sm.JPG
UGADawg
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting