CWA Membership

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

CWA Membership

Postby O2Fsh » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:17 am

Just a quick question: Why should I renew my CWA membership?

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
In a marsh somewhere, nowhere near your spot.
O2Fsh
hunter

Re: CWA Membership

Postby O2Fsh » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Funny! 25 Views and no responses.... I'm thinking I'll let it lapse.

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby surfie » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Because it's the CWA
Quack Quack
surfie
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:31 pm

O2Fsh wrote:Just a quick question: Why should I renew my CWA membership?

O2Fsh

because you think Lead shot, Hens only and Groundswatter, are great ass -sets to the waterfowl community!!!!!!!!!! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:01 pm

toolmaker wrote:

O2Fsh

because you think Lead shot, Hens only and Groundswatter, are great ass -sets to the waterfowl community!!!!!!!!!! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Frankly, I don't know any of them.... those named above OR anyone (Other than one person) in CWA. Nobody has a reasonable answer. Still thinking I'll invest the money in a box of shells. Tried to speak to one of the CWA guys last night at the ramp and he seemed too busy to talk...beyond bragging on who he is. I only knew he was CWA by his hat. He walked off as I tried to introduce myself. Not the type of person I need to pay money to be around.

Tool, you've never been anything but square with me. You've called me on my stupid ideas and supported my good ones. Hope to meet you in person one day. Possibly hunt? You ever down near any coastal marsh?

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:30 pm

O2Fsh wrote:
toolmaker wrote:

O2Fsh

Frankly, I don't know any of them.... those named above OR anyone (Other than one person) in CWA. Nobody has a reasonable answer. Still thinking I'll invest the money in a box of shells. Tried to speak to one of the CWA guys last night at the ramp and he seemed too busy to talk...beyond bragging on who he is. I only knew he was CWA by his hat. He walked off as I tried to introduce myself. Not the type of person I need to pay money to be around.

Tool, you've never been anything but square with me. You've called me on my stupid ideas and supported my good ones. Hope to meet you in person one day. Possibly hunt? You ever down near any coastal marsh?

O2Fsh

not knowing who it is...it could have been just a member. We all know because a few are bad apples doesn't mean they all are bad apples! I would also ad if the effort to meet someone was in the morning on the way out, it might not have been the best time to approach someone, if it was after the hunt, then some people just are not cordial....or WORSE!

I hope I never called an idea stupid, unless it was extremely unsafe!!! :fingerpt: there are just various forms of good ideas and well as bad ideas....then there is a bunch of 'good guesses"

I hunt the coast often in January.....but not too far east unless its a scoter hunt.

can you travel west??

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:39 pm

Tool,

I know you've never called me stupid. You have, called me on my stupid ideas. Where is West?

I approached him after the hunt. I'd never slow a man down on his way to hunt.

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:05 am

ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FIVE (175) views and still no reasonable excuse to renew. :mad:

The ayes have it. I'll buy shells.

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby wstober » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:37 pm

So now that you've got your shells...Do you belong to DU or Delta? Why? Both have paid staff and less than 10 cents of every dollar ever makes it back to CT. Do you really think that many of CT's birds come from the prairie pot hole region?

CWA is 100% volunteer and 100% of the money stays in CT. Granted it's a drop in the bucket but you have to start someplace. Most of it goes to habitat management I believe. Look up the Treasurer and find out for sure. What is it today? I don't know, but once upon a time it was a good organization with good intentions. That is something that only the membership can change. But only if they care.

As far as the hat goes. I got cut off by someone with CT plates last week so I think you should all be thrown in jail for reckless driving.
wstober
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:20 am

wstober wrote:So now that you've got your shells...Do you belong to DU or Delta? Why? Both have paid staff and less than 10 cents of every dollar ever makes it back to CT. Do you really think that many of CT's birds come from the prairie pot hole region?

CWA is 100% volunteer and 100% of the money stays in CT. Granted it's a drop in the bucket but you have to start someplace. Most of it goes to habitat management I believe. Look up the Treasurer and find out for sure. What is it today? I don't know, but once upon a time it was a good organization with good intentions. That is something that only the membership can change. But only if they care.

As far as the hat goes. I got cut off by someone with CT plates last week so I think you should all be thrown in jail for reckless driving.

DU did a project in CT, it can be seen from i91, there's a sign there too.
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:00 am

Allow me to clarify something.... The gentleman with the CWA hat was not my only contact ever with CWA, nor do I see him as the sole example of the membership at large. Nor, do I view him, or CWA, as bad apples. I am POSITIVE that CWA membership is full of great, well intentioned, people. I am not naive enough to hold a membership responsible for the actions of a few of its members.

I am great buddies with one of the CWA officers and yet...........My question stands as posed..... Why should I renew my CWA membership?

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby cobra bait » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:11 pm

you should renew your membership cause its one of the few links or sources that we have to contribute directly to the sport we love. i joined this past summer at the deep waterfowl meeting. i had been previously to one of the dog training days and have known some members who have been nothing but great people. i did feel a bit cold shouldered at first but then once i got into some conversation people seemed to open up more. i think there should be more membership and of younger crowd as well. if we dont have something local in state then what? i hope to get a bit more involved this year as the past year family and $$$.
cobra bait
hunter

Postby JimG » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:54 am

Because if you renew at the time you book your ticket for the banquet, I'll let you sit at my table again.
No cyber scouting allowed
JimG
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:25 pm

JimG wrote:Because if you renew at the time you book your ticket for the banquet, I'll let you sit at my table again.

So far, the leading reason to renew.

O2Fsh
Somewhere in a marsh NOWHERE near your spot
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby NortherPride » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:07 pm

O2Fsh

The organization is promoting and supporting your hobby in this anti state. If you dont want to join back up then dont but please dont bash the organization, they do good stuff. :beer:
NortherPride
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:49 pm

NortherPride wrote:

O2Fsh

The organization is promoting and supporting your hobby in this anti state. If you dont want to join back up then dont but please dont bash the organization, they do good stuff. :beer:

the biggest ANTI to this forum is the president of CWA who comes on here under an alias and attempts to ruin the forum.
AND FOR WHAT?????????

few if any have bashed the organization, but many have questioned its current leadership and how they go out in public and represent the voice of the CT waterfowler!!!!!!!!!!!!

apparently it USED to be a great organization, with a history of real waterfowlers who not only loved the sport, but its CT heritage, and promoted both the ct waterowlers in general, and the birds..

its astonishingly absurd how the posts on this forum contradicts what most would hope for from the President of The CT Waterfowlers Association.

and this view is solely derived from the posts on this forum from the president himself... and NOT from a lot of hearsay passed down about the character and past exploits of said person....because that is personally unsubstantiated by my own eyes.

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:32 pm

NortherPride wrote:

O2Fsh

NorthernPride,

I've yet to bash any organization. I only posed a question. If you view that at bashing, I'd suggest a dictionary.

O2Fsh
In a marsh NOWHERE near your spot
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby NortherPride » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Dont join then tool and o2, no loss, we be fine without ya
NortherPride
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:50 pm

NortherPride wrote:Dont join then tool and o2, no loss, we be fine without ya

Overreact much?

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:51 am

NorthernPride,

I hope you're not in charge of recruitment for CWA. Way too much attitude for a simple question. I've completely enjoyed the events I've gone to with CWA and probably would renew JUST for that. However, I was wondering what else the group does beyond field training and a nice dinner. That's all I was asking for.

I'd like to thank you for cementing my belief in my fellow hunters here in CT. Funny how you mentioned "anti's" in your well thought out reply.... It has been my observation since moving to CT that many of us (hunters) are the greatest anti-hunting forces around. No wonder so many of us are hermit-like in our hunting and unwelcoming to outsiders, unwilling to share our sport, and littering and destroying the few hunting areas we're allowed in...all while upsetting those that would further restrict our sport. I'd like to see a radical change in this behavior...quickly. My own included! Before we lose our sport completely.

Now, I must take pause to state that I have met some INCREDIBLY nice, thoughtful, sharing, hunters here in CT and on this very site. Unfortunately, they are the few among the throngs of asses that defend "their" spot and their "secrets", call one another names (like children), and openly discourage discourse on a chat site..... Boggles the mind.

NorthernPride, I don't know you from Adam's house cat and therefore have quickly disregarded your tactless, punctuation-less, snide comment. However, I'd like to remind you that there are hundreds of so called "lurkers" that observe this site frequently and would offer that your comment (as poorly written and thought out as it is) only serves to further damage CWA and our sport. If you're acting on CWA's behalf, perhaps you should rethink your approach and methods. Maybe step down for a while as a membership recruiter.... Clearly, you're not cut out for it.

I hope you end this hunting season safely and successfully!

O2Fsh
Somewhere in a marsh NOWHERE near your spot
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby NortherPride » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 am

well said o2, please def join back up
NortherPride
hunter

Postby JimG » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:24 pm

O2,

Odds are that if you see a DU project sign here in CT, CWA has contributed money as well. CWA and DU joint venture with the DEP on these things.

CWA members build the wood duck nesting boxes that the DEP puts out. Look for the big CWA brand on the boxes. Coming up end of next month O2, I expect to see you and your son there.

CWA runs the FWS Jr Duck Stamp Program for CT (the often maligned by tool El Presidente runs it)

CWA funds a small scholarship to a Biology Major student, preference towards wildlife managmement

A lot of the signage you see at the ramps is partially funded by CWA with those banquet dollars.

I think Min needed some piece of equipment a couple of years ago, and the state procurement process being what it is, CWA bought it. I don't recall the details but I recall it happening.
JimG
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:34 pm

JimG wrote:O2,

Odds are that if you see a DU project sign here in CT, CWA has contributed money as well. CWA and DU joint venture with the DEP on these things.

CWA members build the wood duck nesting boxes that the DEP puts out. Look for the big CWA brand on the boxes. Coming up end of next month O2, I expect to see you and your son there.

CWA runs the FWS Jr Duck Stamp Program for CT (the often maligned by tool El Presidente runs it)

CWA funds a small scholarship to a Biology Major student, preference towards wildlife managmement

A lot of the signage you see at the ramps is partially funded by CWA with those banquet dollars.

I think Min needed some piece of equipment a couple of years ago, and the state procurement process being what it is, CWA bought it. I don't recall the details but I recall it happening.

Clarification JAMES ( CWA Secretary)...The Tool never has maligned the FWS Jr Duck Stamp Program!!!!!!!!!!.....only Hens Only, who is..... El president!!!

Please carry on Sir....

I am sorry to hear, we haven't heard much from you this year.........no carving? no hunting? , no dog work?

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby JimG » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:43 pm

No....personal issues, major.... went hunting 3 times, fired my gun once....
JimG
hunter

Postby NortherPride » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:40 pm

go ahead toolmaker, beat down Jim g now.......we are all waiting
NortherPride
hunter

Next

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting