Why is everyone hacking at one another?

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Why is everyone hacking at one another?

Postby O2Fsh » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm growing tired of the constant back and forth between people on this site. Too many folks bad mouthing one another and little to no support, suggestions, realistic information, camaraderie.

Why is it so many among us are so happy to hack and bad-mouth others....they probably don't even know? Is there a moderator at all?

It is embarrassing. Like watching my sister's kids. So knock it off.

Do any of you even hunt? Or, do you just lift pics from foreign websites to build up your ego and insult each other and embarrass yourselves?

I, by no means, am a the great hunter, but I'm out there..learning, watching, scouting, trying. I try to meet every hunter I cross paths with...despite the seeming exclusivity of our sport. It is FAR different hunting and attitude up here compared to where I am from.

How about we use this forum as a place to share and learn?

O2Fsh
A marsh nowhere near your spot.
O2Fsh
In a marsh somewhere, nowhere near your spot.
O2Fsh
hunter

Re: Why is everyone hacking at one another?

Postby cthunter144 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Agreed I usually bite my keys and say nothing it's easiest with people around here. back a few years ago people posted great pictures and stories to go along now a days we can all see how it is. And like you also mentioned if you look at everyone's posts that are usually stirring things up in every topic they never have any good Input, constructive criticism, stories, or anything nice to say period all talk its pathetic.

Far as I'm concerned CT is full of sky busters and sh%t talkers besides a select few.

Same thing in other states if you look states where the cyber scouting and Sh%t talking got so bad months will pass by without anyone creating a topic CT will probably be there soon.

As far as CWA save your money by shells for the rest of the season my one experience Iv had with them a few years ago they donated 2 wood duck boxes to us within a month got a call from the people that put them up both had the same stories they were so poorly built they fell apart basically in there hands. Guess that's what a donation is now a days . ^Hope I'm not insulting you or your buddy's wood duck box making skills if you made them lol

Good luck rest of the year on the water
cthunter144
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:51 pm

No worries on the duck boxes. I "won" one at the CWA banquet this year. Donated it to the Bronx Zoo for their waterfowl habitat. Theirs was falling off the post.

Cthunter, lets hunt (again?)!!

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby Ithaca33 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:41 pm

I barely read this forum anymore because there's nothing useful in it. I have to sift through 4 bs posts just to see one where someone had a good hunt on a day I'm stuck inside.

It's pathetic
Ithaca33
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:51 am

Does the CT forum have moderators?

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby tealbuster88 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:40 pm

cthunter144 wrote:Agreed I usually bite my keys and say nothing it's easiest with people around here. back a few years ago people posted great pictures and stories to go along now a days we can all see how it is. And like you also mentioned if you look at everyone's posts that are usually stirring things up in every topic they never have any good Input, constructive criticism, stories, or anything nice to say period all talk its pathetic.

Far as I'm concerned CT is full of sky busters and sh%t talkers besides a select few.

Same thing in other states if you look states where the cyber scouting and Sh%t talking got so bad months will pass by without anyone creating a topic CT will probably be there soon.

As far as CWA save your money by shells for the rest of the season my one experience Iv had with them a few years ago they donated 2 wood duck boxes to us within a month got a call from the people that put them up both had the same stories they were so poorly built they fell apart basically in there hands. Guess that's what a donation is now a days . ^Hope I'm not insulting you or your buddy's wood duck box making skills if you made them lol

Good luck rest of the year on the water

Way too many skybusters around. Im amazed at what some of these idiots shoot at. I dont care if youre shooting a 3 1/2" shell packed full of hevi-shot #2, why are you shooting at passing ducks/geese at 70-80 yards?!?! All these guys do is educate these birds to stay decoy shy and land out of range and try and swim in. I can honestly say, I dont think I have ever pulled the trigger at 40 yards, its usually within 30 and only if i know they'll land where the dog wont have to struggle to find them over the water. Some things will never change. I think that a big part of skybusting is people watching hunts on TV. Through the lens of the camera, these birds appear to be popped easily beyond 40 yards. Little do they know, the birds are usually over or just outside the decoys. Just my 2 cents :thumbsup:
"Take em"
tealbuster88
hunter

Postby wstober » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Very simple...Duck hunting became COOL!

We used to be fringe. Now we're prime time!

Those that can, keep their mouths shut. Tired of being burned too many times. Some of the best killers in the Northeast NEVER post on these boards anymore. Gone are the days of respecting others spots. Now TV, Youtube, impressing friends, back stabbing others, etc... is more important. Can you pull up to a ramp and know every single hunter by the rig in the parking lot? Now you have "Entitled" hunters stepping all over the sport. Your right, it looks like they kill birds at 80+ yards but these same individuals that sky bust will set up within 100yards of you? Like 20 yards will save their lives. :huh: They don't think. Many don't care! Finally those that are sick of what the sport has become bash the masses that haven't earned any respect but feel they deserve it. You know how many times I've heard: "I've been hunting 5 years and I'm an experienced duck hunter" :lol:

Best advice. Do what you're doing. Get to know as many hunters as you can. You'll learn who can and who can't. Much of it is just giving each other crap. CT has nothing on how some of the other states are. I haven't heard that you have to worry about slashed tires, fist fights, burnt blinds, or guns pointed at you yet.

As far as CWA goes: I can not speak for it's current dealings but considering it's a 100% VOLUNTEER organization...besides your $40 what did you do for it? Look into the DU projects and you'll see CWA and USPWS right there with them. Not too bad considering it's such a small group.

I relinquish the soap box and now return the CT forum to Bashing and Whining! Have fun guys I have to go get some more popcorn.
wstober
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting