Duck Hunting Forum banner

Long way from home...

833 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Major Woods 
#1 ·
I grew up on a rice farm in Katy, Texas. My dad was a duck and goose hunting guide back home and my brother and I were part time guides throughout high school and college. I moved to Norwalk back in January for a one year internship. I would love to check out some hunting opportunities in the area. Any advice or guide recommendations would be much appreciated. Also, if any of ya'll out there are short a hunting buddy one weekend, let me know. I'm only up here a year, so i can't help out with decoys, boats, or a dog. But i've got a fairly strong back and can blow a duck call w/ the best of 'em.

#2 ·
Hey there. Just had a buddy go back to ARK. as he completed his intern for a Pediatrist. We don't have the duck hunting like you guys but we got Blacks! Everyone who comes from other areas are wanting a Black duck. We are fairly consistant throughout the season ending with cold nasty weather with ducks everywhere. I can take you out keep in touch.

#4 ·
Sounds awesome to me! Haven't taken but a few black ducks back home. Did have our fair share of model ducks though. Our major birds were teal, pintail, and unfortunately the ever elusive spoony.

I was more into duck hunting back home than goose. We had tons of snows, but they are smart by the time they make it to texas. We could usually take our limit in specks. Canada's usually don't make it that far down, but we would occasionally take lesser canada's. I just don't like putting out a thousand decoys for two birds.

Judging from all the canada's i've seen around, i'm guessing goose hunting is pretty sweet around here. i can't say i'm an expert w/ a goose call, but I'd love to pick up on the trade.

Let me know what i need to do to be ready for season (not even sure when it starts up here), and if there's anything i can do to pitch in. I appreciate the opportunity to get out there and don't want to be a freeloader. My email address is rbbeckendorff@fasb.org.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.