Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hi *small wave*

890 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Benson 
#1 ·
Hi, i'm new to the forum. I live in Colchester, CT and I own a one year old Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever and a 9 year old Golden(who is unfortunatly, gun shy). I want to get into duck hunting and figured this would be a good place to start.

I've also started field trainign my dog and she now picking up the bird on land and water. we've also done a UKC training day when we were in NH.

#2 ·
Duck hunting is a blast. Never know what you'll see out there in the marshes. Respect the water and use good common sense especially in the colder months. Early on hunt the inland spots to take advantage of the woodies and other early migrators. As the season progresses the salt marshes will be productive. Good luck!

#6 ·
Welcome to the addiction the season is comin up pretty quick you are in a good location in cholchester i live right down 354 in oakdale we have a lot good public land around us... if i were you i would consider the franklin wildlife conservation area to start for early season. if you pm ill give you a couple of other spots not to far away that i like to hunt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.