Duck Hunting Forum banner

Goose Opener

813 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  WillHuntForFood 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know how everyone made for the goose opener. I didn't even seen a goose while hunting, say a group of them at a "duck pond" on the way to work. :mad:

Hope you guys made out better that I did.

#3 ·
I have been out a couple of times already. On the opener saw a ton of geese on the roost 100yds away. Couldn't get them to come in. Tried floating down into them and they were much smarter than myself. Same afternoon had a two or three sets come in but couldn't shoot because guys were bailing hay about 200 yds in front of me across the pond. I went out today and had every species of duck drop in and even almost had a teal run right into me while I was laying out. I thought I was going to get killed in the rain by a duck bill. Also had many blue herons and egrets sit right in my spread. Promising for duck season though. Saw some geese that were flying so low to the water I thought they were cormorants and by the time they got close enough they were gone. I haven't even taken a shot yet this season. I will wait for that perfect shot.

#4 ·
Yea I know I saw a lot of ducks yesterday when I made it out my self only to have the one flock of Canadians I saw get chased off by some guy and his dogs, which were off the leash in a State Forest. Then when the guy saw me stand up and start picking up. Yelled, Bambi killer. I just cleaned and packed everything up and drove off. Some times I just wish I could slap the stupid out of people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.