Duck Hunting Forum banner

Partner for Wednesday

994 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  CTRIVERDUCKHUNTER 
#1 ·
Anyone else need a partner for Wednesday?

#3 ·
I am going solo, its a ritual. Just me, the marsh and the birds. I like to hit a spot that is only good by canoe and if you make a lot of noise the birds are gone before shooting time.

I would like to hunt with you in the future. I just picked up a 14' starcraft and I put my Johnson 9.9 fourstroke on it. I am on vacation this week and am going to paint it for hunting. After that I am the Man. No more canoe only hunts I will be able to take three people and gear. There are a lot of days between now and mid February so send me your info and we'll shoot some birds.

#5 ·
Well I know it is a little late for today but still early for the season I am always looking for some one to hunt with. I do not have a boat and motor, but I am more than willing to pay for fuel. I have some deeks and would be more than willing to bring them as well. Good luck to all, Hope your opener was better than mine.

#6 ·
This morning sucked. I pulled up the launch at 5:00am and there were already 20 other trucks there and two people waiting to get in the water. I finally got mine in and parked the car. Got over to my spot and someone took it, as i realized I left the license in the car. I went back to the launch and called it quits. I was very dissapointed. I had a feeling that no one would be out on a wednesday morning when they had to work but i was wrong. I was very upset for the rest of the day. I heard nothing but shotguns firing when i got home. The ct river is right down the street from me in middletown. Did anyone else make out ok?

#8 ·
New2thegame said:
This morning sucked. I pulled up the launch at 5:00am and there were already 20 other trucks there and two people waiting to get in the water. I finally got mine in and parked the car. Got over to my spot and someone took it, as i realized I left the license in the car. I went back to the launch and called it quits. I was very dissapointed. I had a feeling that no one would be out on a wednesday morning when they had to work but i was wrong. I was very upset for the rest of the day. I heard nothing but shotguns firing when i got home. The ct river is right down the street from me in middletown. Did anyone else make out ok?
I didnt make it out - but a couple of guys I talked to at Cabelas tonight said that - that area was like a war zone on opening day......

#10 ·
New2TheGame

If you went out of Deep River, 9 of those trucks were there overnight. I went out at 2 am and motored up on one guy sleeping in his boat. It was like a war zone out there. I had a great time though, I didn't hit a darn thing. I went out Thursday and I didn't see a single truck at the launch which made me optimistic. But I was socked in with fog all morning. Didn't see anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.