Duck Hunting Forum banner

Less than 12 hours to go!!!!

841 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Woodsman 
#1 ·
Well can you believe it, less than 12 LLOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG hours left.Everybody ready??I went on one final scouting trip this evening.I checked the feeding/loafing spots this afternoon and the roost ponds in the area later this evening.Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.Good luck to all..

#3 ·
I have a hard time sleeping because I can't wait to get up. I bagged birds already thanks to the early goose season but this is the season opener.

If anyone is interested, I made this little Excel planner for myself. I spent too many times drinking until bedtime and not really knowing when I had to get up, and when to start hunting. Now I fill this out ahead of time and set my alarm clock accordingly. I check the DEP website for the data and my local tide charts, also online. I hunt Long Island Sound marshes so tides matter.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fabt7a

Good Luck to all. Post pictures of your results. I like to see the different species of birds bagged.

Cheers
Frank

#5 ·
Can't sleep either, we will see you out there good luck. Let us know how you do. I will do the same.

#8 ·
CTRIVERDUCKHUNTER said:
I hope my honey hole isn't taken. At 7 this evening there were already 9 boats out on the river somewhere camping for the night.
See thats strange to me - 3 years ago when we took the day off from work to hunt opening day - we were on the river all by ourselves all day - it was actually a "poor" day for us because there was no one out to push the birds around. They all hung around the normal places you couldnt hunt waiting for their afternoon wonder bread dinner !!

This is why I havent gone out on opening day in a few years.

Hope you guys did well - see you on Saturday.

#10 ·
Woodsman said:
I hear you. I like the occaisional fisherman this time of year to flush birds up into the air where I can see em.
You know what the best is ?? - When you get those nature watchers - looking at your dekes w/ their binos from their kayak thinking they are real - and pushing ducks right to you.

I love the look on their faces when you squeeze off a couple rounds..... :lol: :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.