Duck Hunting Forum banner

Ok - How's the New Cabelas ??

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  sleddermxz 
#1 ·
Ok - I know some of you guys were able to go today ??

How the new store - was it worth the wait and anticipation ??

I'm headed there tomorrow after work.

#3 ·
I took the family unit after work tonite and yes it's worth the wait. I've been the hamburg 6 times and east hartford is just as good. they had more retail floor space as hamburg has a larger mountain and a hugh deer room,ct does't. Over all very happy with the store and just a 40 minute ride from the front door.

Brampus

#4 ·
I went Wednesday after the morning duck hunt, ran into several friends and relatives also. I was expecting a bigger crowd than there was, easy to get the shopping card (packed with goodies) down the isles.

My uncle said the PA store was much bigger and had more inventories. I was looking for several fishing and hunting items that were in the catalog but not in the Hartford store.

Had a good time spending some dollars on sporting goods and looking at the small displays. The offshore fishing dept was very sparse, not happy about that.

#5 ·
I stopped on the way home from work tonight - it was actually pretty crowded. There was free beer and food for all that attended. (I didnt have either)

I wanted to do a quick hit and pick up a few items before Saturday's hunt and I must say the store is really nice. The wife was really inpressed.

As for the selection - I didnt really visit each section only the waterfowl and gun section - I wanted to buy Browning Waterfowl choke and they didnt stock it. They told me they could order it with no shipping. Oh well....they did have alot of dekes there - but no herters ??? Not sure why - I didnt ask.

Ended up just buying a couple of boxes of shells - At least they have a nice selection of Steel for us.

Oh - check out was a disaster ... I gave my club card to the cashier to get the points - and she asked me if I wanted to use them and I said no - she said ok - but then used them anyway......It took them 15 mins to figure out how to void my purchase and re process it...then when they finally figured it out - when they re-rang it - they didnt put the purchase on my Club card :hammer: Oh well - they must not pay their cashiers very much ... :rolleyes:

I plan on spending MUCH more time there Sunday afternoon.

I will have a better handle on the selection then.

#7 ·
I really have no idea what I was thinking when I turned into the Cabelas entrance.There I was twelve noon on the very first Sunday that the store is open.I'm very happy I did.Although I didn't buy any of the many,many,many things that i waited until the store came to purchase,I did go directly to the waterfowl dept. then the guns and gun library.then the rest of the store.I was impressed.Never having been in a Cabelas before I couldn't fathom the size of this place.There was a few items i did't see that i was looking for,but for the most part it's awesome.Must be because of all the opening weekend traffic they didn't have time to put up the assigned parking spaces.I couldn't find my name on any of the parking spots.

#9 ·
Went on Sunday. Lots of decoys and camo waders on sale in the bargain cave. Walked out about $700 lighter. A little smaller than the PA store. Gonna have to go back after the crowds ease up a little. How many signed up for the F-150 giveaway. Be ready for the timeshare people to start calling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.