Duck Hunting Forum banner

New Recipe

812 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  WillHuntForFood 
#1 ·
I marinated the duck filets(, Well my wife did), in Teriyaki Marinade and then grilled them. They came out excellent. I think this is my new recipe for duck for a while.

Anybody got a favorite way to cook them?

See less See more
#2 ·
when i'm to tired to use a resipe from a cook book this is my method:lipton onion soup mix the dry one,pour over the whole bird in pyrex dish breast down i also stuff cavity with cellery apples etc.cook at 325 30 min covered with foil then uncover turn bird over and brown not bad!pour some water before putting in oven.

#3 ·
I find that if you breast them- cut the breast into thin strips with a fillet knife- and then put the strips in a bowl of water and keep swirling/squeazing the meat- while changing the water a bunch of times-untill its relatively clear- the flavor is VASTLY improved. Basically you're getting as much of the blood out of them as possible. The marinades work alot better on the thin strips too so don't over do them (i learned the hard way :biggrin: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.