2 hours and 50 minutes till we can shoot!!!

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

2 hours and 50 minutes till we can shoot!!!

Postby jeff wolpert » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:27 am

Well guys here it is.the beginning of another late season.In the blink of an eye we'll be talking about what kind of a season it was.Hopefully the birds will cooperate.good luck.be safe.no swimming.oh marshmaster if your reading this you were supposed to be here 1/2 an hour ago!!!!jeff.
jeff wolpert
hunter

Postby Woodsman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:35 pm

I'm jealous. Had to work. Let us know how it was. I'm definetly heading out Saturday. Just gotta get the new boat registered.
Woodsman
hunter

Postby jeff wolpert » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:38 pm

I really don't know how to start this.I'm really usually not accustomed to having this kind of luck.I started the morning thinking about my last 4 scouting missions and the lack of ducks.I was convinced it would be an early day for sure.and it was shaping up to fill the bill at first light.about 20 minutes into the hunt the birds started to come. first came a group of mallards two stayed behind.one ended up a 150 yard plus blind retrieve for my lab kohl,executed flawlessly.Anyway then a pair of woodies.then we get smoked hard by a pair of greenwing rockets.I grabbed a straightup shot on a mallard drake.We had 3 drake hooded mergs scream through but we passed,but finally managed a couple of single black ducks with some seranading on the call.that rounded out our morning.after lunch we headed out to a differernt spot.we pushed out a mixed bag of ducks 12 or so woodies a few mallards some black ducks,a smattering of hoodies and one pair of ruddies.the drake stayed with us.I will post a pic shortly.(how???).So then off we go,set up a small mixed spread.we got buzzed and burned all afternoon.we had like a 175 degree of view but the woodies and greenwing teal came from nowhere and often all afternoon.we did alot of embarassing missing.Very glad there were no witnesses.didn't matter we had already more than enough ducks to clean and alot of great stories to re-tell.for marshmaster and myself it was a day that we will look back on fondly for a long time.thank God for duckhunting!!!
jeff wolpert
hunter

Postby MrCamoClad » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:50 pm

Great job Jeff :thumbsup: - going out Saturday - had to work today.
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

It was a Hunt to remember

Postby marsh master » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:27 am

I'd say the best hunt that I've had in a few years, Watching the dog retrieve is almost as fun as shooting the ducks. I even had a hen mallard over my head maybe 20 yards, I didn't shoot her because I was to busy watching the dog. She swims better than I do so It's ok that she took my old job. HA HA

It's shaping up to be a great ducking hunting year, We've got big wind this weekend with a cold snap on thanksgiving weekend. A great mix for flight bird action over the next few weeks. Have a great weekend duckhunters, Be safe don't get shot by the deer hunters. Thanks for the memories Jeff that was one for the record books [/i][/b]
marsh master
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:08 am

sounds like a great day in the field.....they do not occur as frequently as we wish for (at least for me - only a couple every season it seems) :thumbsup:

been a tough week up here in Maine.....huge surf/swells are keeping us off the ocean......and was up northwest along the NH border and the ice is already covering the bogs (snow on the mountains!).....will try in the brackish marshes on Saturday since they are predicting strong winds again
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodsman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:20 pm

Thats why I love hunting. Just when you feel discouraged something awesome happens. I remember one day ducks where slow, I was getting ready to leave and dozen geese flew down the river, I got two, the limit.

Glad you guys had a great Day.

I post pics like this:

I upload them from my computer to Photobucket.
I resize them in Photobucket for "Website"
I download the resized pic to my computer.
I reply to a post here and click on "Upload picture"
Then browse to the pic and double click it.

The only thing is if its a high quality pic the file size may be too big. It says it will resize it but it won't upload certain pictures I've taken with the good camera.
Woodsman
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting