Duck Sightings

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Duck Sightings

Postby CTRIVERDUCKHUNTER » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:12 am

I saw a lot of ducks yesterday. More than I ever expected. Anyone else have the same experience?
America is not at war,
The Marine Corps is at war,
America is at the mall.
CTRIVERDUCKHUNTER
hunter

northeast CT

Postby marsh master » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:00 pm

We're seeing a good mix of flight birds, Blacks, Woodies, Malards, some flying fish, a group of Ruddy ducks came by we got one. These birds maybe looking at larger bodies of water as it is going to be in the lower 20's this saturday. What part of the river do you hunt? We'll be there soon.
marsh master
hunter

Postby CTRIVERDUCKHUNTER » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:34 pm

I usually hunt the Chester/Deep River area
America is not at war,
The Marine Corps is at war,
America is at the mall.
CTRIVERDUCKHUNTER
hunter

Postby marsh master » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:37 am

We'll be north of that for awhile, I've never hunted that area. I'd like to, I guess I'd have scout it first.
marsh master
hunter

Postby Woodsman » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:23 pm

I have been seeing alot. I did a job at Natchaug Hospital in Mansfield Center, across from a big resevoir. You would not believe the flocks of geese coming off that resevoir all morning. Biggest I've ever seen. And no shotgun. Funny how they find the places where there are no hunters.

Anybody know whats up with the ponds off RT 9 around exit 23? I see tons of ducks and geese there as I drive by. It has to be a resevoir as well.

I was on call this weekend and had to work but I'll be out several times over Thanksgiving. Can't wait.

I heard of a spot with some ringnecks. If I get any I'll post pics.

Cheers
Woodsman
hunter

Postby MrCamoClad » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:49 pm

Woodsman wrote:I have been seeing alot. I did a job at Natchaug Hospital in Mansfield Center, across from a big resevoir. You would not believe the flocks of geese coming off that resevoir all morning. Biggest I've ever seen. And no shotgun. Funny how they find the places where there are no hunters.

You were right up the road from me.....

Dont forget - Goose doesnt re-open untill the 22nd.

I have hunted there a few times - the geese usually come in right after sunset......
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby Woodsman » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:04 pm

Isn't that the always the way. The birds are getting more educated or so it seems. I gotta laugh at how many birds I see flying in as I'm picking up my deeks.

I assumed you couldn't hunt there. I'm glad you can. Hope you nail some more of them, there's so many.
Woodsman
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting