goose hunt in the morning!!

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

goose hunt in the morning!!

Postby jeff wolpert » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:40 pm

We've got an oppurtunity to hunt a green field for ducks and geese tomorrow.we've got 20 full body geese and 1 1/2 doz mallards and blacks.four shooters and my wife shooting pictures.I'll post pictures of the hunt tomorrow night.good luck to all going in the am.no swimming,Jeff
jeff wolpert
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:13 am

gotta love the winter wheat for bringing in the geese....especially early as shoots....can be tough to use layouts though.....hope you did well

not many geese here in S Maine yet.....only have seen high flying migrants, but never had one in the marshes the past few mornings.....plenty of puddlers though.....mallards and blacks provided outstanding action yesterday (alot different than Thurs when only got two teal)......very responsive to "get over here" call during mid morning on a high tide.....used a small set....had two mallard blocks with three blacks, a buffy off to the side, three floater canadas and a half dozen fullbodies behind the blind....I believe these are inland birds put out by ice.....it's been pretty cold up here
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting