Duck Hunting Forum banner

Saturday hunt 11/24

722 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DUKHTR 
#1 ·
Went out on the sound today and only got 5 buffies. Clear blue skies kept the birds lofting. The Brant were all together in the open water. The high morning tide didn't help matters at all either. A couple of buffies were nice big drakes. Saw some oldsquaws, blacks, mallards, brant, mergs. and geese of course. I do think theres more birds on the coast right now than inland for some reason. Went to a couple of inland spots and didn't see much earlier in the week, the teal got pushed out a bit with this last cold front.

#2 ·
It can only get better OnDuck!!!! We are getting great action all of a sudden in the salt marshes (ice forcing inland birds east!).....still not too much for geese though......the seaducks are increasing in numbers too........Cub had a good shoot off NH yesterday and I am wishing I could have joined him this morning but am stuck at home doing Christmas stuff later this morning and have three site walks slated in the afternoon (damn Planning Board)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.