Duck Hunting Forum banner

How UN-ready are you for the opener???

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  JimG 
#1 ·
I'm down to "tweaking" gear. The new to me TDB is ready, man, what a sweet boat. The puddlers go behind the curtains and you are done. I should probably clean my shotgun. Mojo batteries are charged. I'm more ready than I am most years.

What about the rest of you?

Jim

#4 ·
Bonasaman said:
I'm ready, but the dog's out of shape. :rofl:
My dog is ready, I'm the one out of shape :rofl:

Taking my nephue out on the 11th for the youth day. Hope I'm not in any of your opening day spots as the kid is gonna kill something this year :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Duckhunt, you seem like the kind of guy who spends ample time getting gear ready way in advance of the openner :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Wait, do you even have any gear to get ready or did you give it all away?? :huh: :huh: :eek:

#8 ·
:help: Unready? Well, lets see...I am currently waiting on my son's and my gun safety certificate (we completed last weekend) so that we can purchase liscense. Doesn't look like I am going to be able to afford a boat this year so I have been actively searching for places to go by foot (a little luck there), still would like to by a few teal or pintail dekes. No dog. :sad: Waders that have been hanging for years are filled with mouse holes. :mad: All in all, I think I should be ready for "duck hunt" 2009. :thumbsdown:

Quick question...any chance of getting on the Farmington by car? :rofl:

#10 ·
New2thegame said:
Wow!

You guys are going to ride me for that post forever. I feel so honored. I'll let you know how my first hunt goes and tell you were you should be to get them.

Thanks for all the fun! :oops:
All in good spirit. As you can tell from the other subjects the longtimers here get ribbed all the time. :welcome: By the way...you did nothing wrong.

#15 ·
Labcrazy, did you call Sessions Woods? Any luck on the certificates? Don't forget HIP permit and state duck stamp at the town hall. Fed duck stamps can be hard to find in the post offices, so don't wait until Friday. Might be too late to buy online too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.