Shell
Choke

I'll start

Super X2
Federal Ultra Shock 1-1/4oz 4's
IC
:skeet:

#6 ·
You know, if I want to splurge, I can try to find some hevi-shot 16ga #6's and shoot my Sweet 16 IC, to start the morning. I think I might just do that. I killed my first duck with that gun, oh, 31 years ago..........

#8 ·
Jim....I was thinking of using my 1927 Ranger (made and sold for Montgomery Ward!) 16g........it has a full choke, so was thinking about getting the Hevi CLASSIC.....a bit pricy, but it is supposed to be real soft and much like lead........have you tried it?....also less powerful, so there is no damage to our older guns....I haven't used the gun waterfowling since lead days.....since then it has taken only pheasants and crow....would be nice to take it out one morning

#9 ·
Holy smokes!!!! I went to Cabelas at lunch and the only 16ga notox they had was Bismuth at $38 for a box of 10!!!! So for the cost of 20 rounds of that, I can shoot my 12 over 100 times. Gotta think about it some more.

#13 ·
I'm with you Jim.....the 16 can stay in the cabinet for the season at that cost....I knew the Classic load was expensive, but not that costly.......I know the Maine Cabelas has the Classic (in 16 and 28), will have to check the price but if more than $25 the Ranger will have it's way with the crows and pheasant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.