Duck Hunting Forum banner

Openig day and the band played

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  JimG 
#1 ·
Got a banded woodie originally banded in 2006 in Maryland. Got 4 ducks . could have limited easy, plenty of birds

#5 ·
Come on stobe, deep down you are actually pissed cuz thats one wood duck you are not gonna get down in NC. I actually heard that you always had a problem gettin woodies even here in good ole CT. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes: :yes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#7 ·
oxfordbeast said:
Come on stobe, deep down you are actually pissed cuz thats one wood duck you are not gonna get down in NC. I actually heard that you always had a problem gettin woodies even here in good ole CT. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes: :yes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Woodies are not my problem and if you look up band recoveries I do believe we get just a couple more than CT does. However I am having some problems with the Redheads so if you know a couple you can send them my way. :thumbsup:

New hold out for a better bird. You will appreciate it more. Shot one worthy bird down here for our first split but by the time we got out of the swamp it wasn't worth the effort of fixing it up.

#8 ·
Congrats on the band

Drew (New), like Wayne says, a taxidermy bird needs to be pretty pristine after you shoot it. I believe the recommended method is to bring some pantyhose with you (in the blind bag, don't wear them) Then you carefully slide the bird head first into the hose. If you can't get it right to the studio, put it in the freezer ASAP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.