Duck Hunting Forum banner

Seriously

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  oxfordbeast 
#1 ·
You cannot hunt in CT on Sundays? Yall are joking right?

#3 ·
Is it some old blue law that's not really enforced or is strictly followed and enforced?

How on earth can a State legally tell you what you can or cannot due on private property on any given day?

I am so confused by this??? Not to mention disappointed, my hunting days/week just got cut in half! :no:

#6 ·
There was a certain point around 8-10 years ago where they decided that EVERYBODY who wanted to bow hunt had to take a bowhunter course, even if you'd been getting permits for years. I guess that there is no reciprocity with the state you are coming from. Not much you can do but find a class and take it. Did they bag you for non-resident fees because you just moved here?

#7 ·
it seems like the theme of needing classes is prevalent in New England.....for example, I hold ccw permits in CT, NH and RI as well as a card for Mass.....then when I moved to Maine we had to take courses before I could carry here......same for trapping, and archery....and if I wanted to crossbow I'd have to take another course in that.......fortunately, the one license I got with reprocity was hunting

welcome to our forum....and CT.......you'll probably have to live w/out Sunday hunting for many years to come

#10 ·
sbeIICT said:
SUNDAY IS THE LORDS DAY, not guns and ammo day

:rolleyes:
WOW he only gets one day!?! Guess that's what you get for creating the universe and all. If you need a special day for the Lord then your beyond saving! Proud supporter of God's church...Not the obamantion that man has created!

:welcome: and get ready to bend over and take one for the team! CT hunting sucks but what can you expect from a state that lets PETA dictate some of the requirements for hunting/trapping. Most of the recent changes (last 10 yrs) in trapping/NWCO work were a direct result of a meeting between DEP and PETA reps! You now live in the Home state for PETA, New haven is the home office I believe, so what should you expect.

Like Jim said most guys either go East or West on Sundays so there are some options available. So what hillbilly hick state did you move from?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.