Duck Hunting Forum banner

Early season woodducks mount help

617 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  shocktroop 
#1 ·
I was lucky enough to get out a few times for ducks this past early season. Even more lucky to get a few really nice woodducks.
I plan on doing a double drake single hen dead mount for the cabin.
Anyone here have any pictures of dead mounts. or ideas. I'm in the middle of looking for a new taxi now as my last guy peed me off :thumbsdown: and I wasn't happy. any ideas welcome thanks :thumbsup: :help:

#2 ·
I found the one and only taxidermist that I'll ever use, so long as he works. Check out birdmanstudios.com. He was/is a wildlife photographer and artist for years, then he started doing waterfowl. Hes been at it for a while and being an artist first, he really puts life into his work. Super nice guy, out-of -this-world work, and at very competitive prices and turnaround time. I have two birds with him now from last season. Simply ship your bird to him, he'll contact you prior to working on it to work out the pose you want, then when hes done he takes a professional photo of it in his studio and emails it to you for your approval, and then you pay him, and he ships it to where you want. I believe he charges 250-275 for sitting and/or flying mounts, and gives you the option on a 90 day turnaround, of course for more $$$ but nothing ridiculous. I'm military and am forced to find a new taxidermist every other year as I move, but found this guy and I'll never send out another bird to anyone else. All he does is waterfowl, and he does it very well. If anything, just look at his site, very nice work on there thats neat as heck to look at.

#3 ·
Thanks Shock, I was looking more for pictures and ideas from others if they got something like this done. I'm sure your guy does great birds but I was looking for a local taxi I could drive to and speak with, who also does other things. :thumbsup: Thanks again and good luck with your season :thumbsup: by the way I did find a new guy and went to talk with him last week. he does awesome work I'm gonna drop my birds off with him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.