Rules/Regs for DE/Rehoboth/Indian River Bays?

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Rules/Regs for DE/Rehoboth/Indian River Bays?

Postby pspence » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm just getting started water fowling and I am very interested in sea duck/diver and Brant hunting. Unfortunately I can't find any information as to hunting in these bodies of water( DE Bay, Rehoboth Bay, Indian River Bay). I can find all of the maps and rules I need for any type of public land, but neither the fish and wildlife or DEstateparks websites have any info on this. I would like to know before I go out in the bay shooting stuff if you know what I mean. I plan to hopefully go out in the Rehoboth bay with my kayak. I have a 18 foot Boston Whaler that I fish out of, but it seems like it would stick out like a sore thumb in the water.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as well as any tips or info on sea ducking in general. I am really excited to do this next season, so hopefully some of you guys can help me out. Thanks again!
pspence
hunter

Re: Rules/Regs for DE/Rehoboth/Indian River Bays?

Postby JohnM » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:17 pm

For the Rehobeth and Indian River bays, get a map for DE seashore state park. This area is on the east side of both bays. There are blind sites that you can build your own blind on( has to be down at the end of the season ) or use a boat blind. These sites are on a first come first serve basis. Some of these sites are in very shallow water :mad: but overall a pretty good huntin area. :thumbsup: Pretty much the rest of the rehobeth bay is private as far as I know. I have heard that there is some public hunting areas elswhere in the Indian River especially the west area around the powerhouse but I cannot find any maps for these areas and the guys that do hunt it are very tight lipped.

Hope this is helpful :thumbsup:
John
Local 313, NAHC LM, DU,NRA

Trying To Teach An Old Dog Some New Tricks
JohnM
hunter

Re: Rules/Regs for DE/Rehoboth/Indian River Bays?

Postby pspence » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:03 pm

What I am asking about is the rules for hunting out in the bay, on the water, from a boat. Not any blind sites or anything just out in the water. Like for example is there a certain distance you must be from the shore? Or is it not even aloud at all?

I know the blind sites you are talking about though, I found those maps no problem, however there is no info on actually hunting IN the bay.
pspence
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting