What do you guys think?

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

What do you guys think?

Postby bubbasblazer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:54 pm

You guys think L/C T/H will loosen up after this weekend with temps flirtin with the 50's? I hope it does, have been on the broadkill and missipillion out at slaughter beach and I guess the birds are finding some open water at the hook still 'cause I havent seen many ducks at all on either river.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Re: What do you guys think?

Postby fmsfd29 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:43 pm

I hope that it opens up, but in the mean time may I suggest the river. :biggrin: Seen a "few" out there. Only problem I've had is boat ramps and the dam west wind....Got me good a few days a ago. As to L/C and T/H I dont know if its like my place in a marsh close to here its gonna need some really warm temps....
Frank S
fmsfd29
hunter

Postby take'emDE » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:44 am

the ducks left because of the ice!! id say stick to the goose fields. :thumbsup:
take'emDE
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:04 pm

I hear ya I was wondering if there would be any ducks left up there. I dont mind the river blinds up that way, I may hit them to see whats happening. My buddy was up there today and a field thats owned by his sisters boyfriend was covered but we not sure if they are still together so we may have to find a new X. If the water opens up do you thiink there will ducks using the area again? I never hunted an area that froze and thawed, but I have off during the week and don't wanna hit the river by myself. My luck i'd fall in. But I don't wanna hit the impounds if the ducks arent there.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting