Oct 21st

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Re: Oct 21st

Postby DE-Duck-n-Goose » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:11 am

I thought I read somewhere that the dune repair at Fowlers did not hold. DNREC has no plans at this time to attempt to repair them again. lots of ruined property and salt water in the marsh. Maybe the PH website will talk about it more.
DE-Duck-n-Goose
hunter

Postby goosepitgreg » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:14 am

Opening Day !! Blue Birds flyin........any ducks in the marsh ????
goosepitgreg
Newb

Postby bubbasblazer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:12 am

Thats ashamed if it didn't. I think DU put money into helping the refuge beconimg what it was. I could only imagine if they dont do something how that would affect DU doing anything in the future. Hope it all works out down there.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby hojo73 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Hunted this morning at Assawoman refuge, took my father and son. I only saw 1 duck (Woody drake) and never heard a shot on the marsh. The only shots I heard all day were in the woods (deer hunters), and the man running the lottery said that only 5 ducks got shot on the marsh yesterday. So I guess if you do not have a private spot to hunt and you only hunt public blinds you might as well wait until the next split because the ducks haven't really came down yet. O well, at least I got to get my father and my 5year old son out on the marsh. That is what I enjoy the most, 3 generations hunting together. After we got home from the marsh my little boy still had enough energy to walk back in the woods to help put out some corn, and he now wants to go deer hunting tonight.

Hunted Prime Hook yesterday morning, ended up with 5 ( 3 pintails, 1 teal, and 1 shoveler) saw mainly teal and shovelers. Never saw a big morning flight at shooting time, we mainly saw big flocks of teal, 3 or 4 shovelers, a coulpe pairs of pintails, and the big surprise was not many black ducks. Still not many birds down yet. And as far as the marsh goes, MUD, MUD, MUD, dead grass, no food for the waterfowl. Got to love how the FEDs take care of the wetlands that our taxes, duck stamps, and blind fees pay for.
hojo73
hunter

Previous

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting