where'd they all go?

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

where'd they all go?

Postby take'emDE » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 am

on youth day all the impounds were loaded. but the last two days I've been working hard for a few ducks. ***???????? :fingerhead:
take'emDE
hunter

Re: where'd they all go?

Postby DEDuck34 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Was thinking about trying LC this weekend...not sure if I wanna try or not...are the birds gone?
DEDuck34
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:12 pm

take'emDE wrote:on youth day all the impounds were loaded. but the last two days I've been working hard for a few ducks. ***???????? :fingerhead:

yeah they were loaded alright :no:
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 pm

ill be lookin in the mornin...
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby take'emDE » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:49 pm

theres a few birds out there. nothin like it was just a few weeks ago though. beats me :huh:
take'emDE
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:34 am

take'emDE wrote:theres a few birds out there. nothin like it was just a few weeks ago though. beats me :huh:

it isnt all that hard to figure out, the hay day of the LC impounds is long gone. the quality of those impound including TH is far from what it used to be. the years of clean open water with healthy grass has given way to overgrown salt marsh that doesnt do anything for the ducks. the hunting pressure increases and the quality of the hunting oppurtunity on that area diminshes. pretty easy to figure out that the birds keep on moving and dont stay for long. thats why you think you saw a few birds one day and then they werent here anymore plain and simple.
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:57 am

slowly chippin away
Attachments
028.jpg
022.jpg
020.jpg
017.jpg
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:01 am

on the previous post, the 2nd picture was a 4 man hunt, sorry i didnt say that first...couple more here for ya
Attachments
026.jpg
029.jpg
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:50 am

sorry not impressed by a few grey ducks from the neck, and a couple of teal laid in the driveway. In the past when things were "managed" any blind in LC could have done that in the first 30 min of shooting time regardless of how many barneys got drawn that day. when you get excited over a couple of bootlips and a couple of teal for 4 guys thats a sad state of affairs these days. Prime hook is now headed down the same road that LC and TH are just faster now due to the instrusion of all the saltwater and the feds along with DU sitting on their hands and watching it go down the tubes. Plain and simple without good habitat good hunts are in the past, unless you get some weather every once and a while and then just maybe its something to get excited about.
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Hunted LC today 10/26 a fair amount of teal buzzin around BEFORE shooting time at 5 min to trigger time they had all but vacated with the exception of the coot carnival. P.S. they removed the "extra room" at blind 10 it threw me off for a minute but it seemed to be completely new. Not one bird decoyed to a teal whistle, no calling, or agressive calling. Way to go HUNTFISH send a few of them northern city ducks down this way. :beer:
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 am

bubbasblazer wrote:Hunted LC today 10/26 a fair amount of teal buzzin around BEFORE shooting time at 5 min to trigger time they had all but vacated with the exception of the coot carnival. P.S. they removed the "extra room" at blind 10 it threw me off for a minute but it seemed to be completely new. Not one bird decoyed to a teal whistle, no calling, or agressive calling. Way to go HUNTFISH send a few of them northern city ducks down this way. :beer:

thank you for proving my point. :fingerhead: I would hardly call a handicapped accesible blind "extra room" they replaced it when 7 became the handicapped blind. cant make a bird decoy in a place he doesnt want to be,
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Did they put blind 7 back yet? It wasnt there last year i dont think, Not seeing the huge blind almost messed me up I thought I went past it at first. It sucks they flood them impounds with brackish river water, I dont relly think they are managed the best, but i'm just a taxpayer what do i know.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:46 pm

duckinfool72 wrote:sorry not impressed by a few grey ducks from the neck, and a couple of teal laid in the driveway. In the past when things were "managed" any blind in LC could have done that in the first 30 min of shooting time regardless of how many barneys got drawn that day. when you get excited over a couple of bootlips and a couple of teal for 4 guys thats a sad state of affairs these days. Prime hook is now headed down the same road that LC and TH are just faster now due to the instrusion of all the saltwater and the feds along with DU sitting on their hands and watching it go down the tubes. Plain and simple without good habitat good hunts are in the past, unless you get some weather every once and a while and then just maybe its something to get excited about.

Alright SPORT..first off, the pictures were not ment impress anyone, especially somone of YOUR caliber.Do me a favor and find in my post when i was gloating or even sounded somewhat EXCITED.... I'LL WAIT.. Seccond, this isnt the past, this is the present, and presently, i havent seen any proof from you doin your part to put ducks in the water. Actually the only thing i have seen from you is putting down other posts, and talking crap. get off you ass and put your somewhat described experience to work. THIRD, Its only October. Hopefully you would know, like I do, that we havent gotten a big push of ducks yet, other then teal. with that being said, guys, or shall i say hunters, like Buba and myself actually hunt all the seasons. Were not internet creepers/scouters who let others do the work for us, and backdoor em' and reep the benefits when the WEATHER is right...so in the meantime, do us all a favor in this forum. post up something important or relevent to hunting and not a backhand to someone elses post.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby DE-Duck-n-Goose » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:51 am

All of us Delaware hunters that eke out an existance hunting the public lands know that there is no real state "management" for waterfowl. A couple few plywood boxes in an otherwise vacant marsh with a reasonably fair daily lottery system is all we can really hope for. I am sure we all agree with Duckinfool that without the management the quality and abundance of our waterfowl suffer and that point is well taken. However, the frustration over that fact is not a reason to malign huntfish for posting pictures of his well-deserved sucess. Certainly I would rather have a "few grey ducks from the neck" over no ducks. We all enjoy seeing others sucess in the field. It what makes us want to get back out there and try for ourselves. Keep postin' the pics huntfish - they are appreciated. And remember duckinfool - we are all in the same boat together, sometimes right next to each other in the marsh!

Keep shootin' boys! we have many more days left in the season :)
DE-Duck-n-Goose
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 am

bubbasblazer wrote:Did they put blind 7 back yet? It wasnt there last year i dont think, Not seeing the huge blind almost messed me up I thought I went past it at first. It sucks they flood them impounds with brackish river water, I dont relly think they are managed the best, but i'm just a taxpayer what do i know.

you clearly have no clue about LC, 7 was there everyday of the season last year. and it has always been brackish hence thos nifty little water control structures that lead into the little river, and the st jones.
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:24 am

Huntfish12 wrote:
duckinfool72 wrote:sorry not impressed by a few grey ducks from the neck, and a couple of teal laid in the driveway. In the past when things were "managed" any blind in LC could have done that in the first 30 min of shooting time regardless of how many barneys got drawn that day. when you get excited over a couple of bootlips and a couple of teal for 4 guys thats a sad state of affairs these days. Prime hook is now headed down the same road that LC and TH are just faster now due to the instrusion of all the saltwater and the feds along with DU sitting on their hands and watching it go down the tubes. Plain and simple without good habitat good hunts are in the past, unless you get some weather every once and a while and then just maybe its something to get excited about.

Alright SPORT..first off, the pictures were not ment impress anyone, especially somone of YOUR caliber.Do me a favor and find in my post when i was gloating or even sounded somewhat EXCITED.... I'LL WAIT.. Seccond, this isnt the past, this is the present, and presently, i havent seen any proof from you doin your part to put ducks in the water. Actually the only thing i have seen from you is putting down other posts, and talking crap. get off you ass and put your somewhat described experience to work. THIRD, Its only October. Hopefully you would know, like I do, that we havent gotten a big push of ducks yet, other then teal. with that being said, guys, or shall i say hunters, like Buba and myself actually hunt all the seasons. Were not internet creepers/scouters who let others do the work for us, and backdoor em' and reep the benefits when the WEATHER is right...so in the meantime, do us all a favor in this forum. post up something important or relevent to hunting and not a backhand to someone elses post.

ahh you porr little baby, did I upset you? sniffle sniffle sniffle, your right you know that much about me I only hunt in my sneakers during oct what do I know? I forgot because I dont post pictures I clearly must not know how to hunt or kill anything. man with experts like your selves shooting a few bootlips I am surprised there is even a migration. man you and your friends havent killed em all yet have ya?
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby DEDuck34 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:40 am

I completely agree with huntfish12...But back to what Duckinfool was saying about LC...it isn't the same...They have completely let that place get overgrown with grass and not enough food for the ducks...but guess what... don't bitch about it...nothin you do or say will change it unless the state or someone else can do it. Theres a thing called adapting...if the birds are not there get off your ass and go scout...there are plenty of other places in this state that you can kill birds in. So sitting here bashing another person success isn't going to change anything. I havent been back to LC in years because of the new crowd of people that are there that can't hunt worth a crap and there aren't half the birds that used to be there.
DEDuck34
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:09 am

duckinfool72 wrote:
Huntfish12 wrote:

ahh you porr little baby, did I upset you? sniffle sniffle sniffle, your right you know that much about me I only hunt in my sneakers during oct what do I know? I forgot because I dont post pictures I clearly must not know how to hunt or kill anything. man with experts like your selves shooting a few bootlips I am surprised there is even a migration. man you and your friends havent killed em all yet have ya?

ive seen guys like you, and deal with your type on a daily basis. Someone who knows everything, and can do anything better then everyone else. You dont bother me on bit. Just tryin to give u a piece of your own medicine. Your not happy unless your doggin someone elses accomplishments. But in all reality, me, and everyone else in the forum can tell that your a bull$hitter. Matter of fact, i would put money on it to say that your the type that would set up 100yds from someone after they've already been there, then bitch that the other group was tryin to steel your birds, or piss and moan that they caused your hunt to be ruined....So, if you wanna sit here and crack jokes, and degrade my/our "bootlips" and other mixed bag, then by all means, have at it. Ill continue to hunt the public land. Ill continue to walk hundreds of yards into my spots. Ill keep huntin from shore cause i dont have a boat. And ill continue to listen and put up with all the chit talk. I dont know about you...well actually i probibly do..but i dont go out there and discriminate the ducks that fly by me. I put too much money, time and work into finding these birds to go out there and not shoot just because its not a "trophy" duck. And like i said before, pictures are worth a thousand words, but if you dont feel like it then dont. but put somethin up thats semi-productive. if not, then it might just be better to.. how should i say this...stay in the shadows of delaware...
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby DEDuck34 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:10 pm

ive seen guys like you, and deal with your type on a daily basis. Someone who knows everything, and can do anything better then everyone else. You dont bother me on bit. Just tryin to give u a piece of your own medicine. Your not happy unless your doggin someone elses accomplishments. But in all reality, me, and everyone else in the forum can tell that your a bull$hitter. Matter of fact, i would put money on it to say that your the type that would set up 100yds from someone after they've already been there, then bitch that the other group was tryin to steel your birds, or piss and moan that they caused your hunt to be ruined....So, if you wanna sit here and crack jokes, and degrade my/our "bootlips" and other mixed bag, then by all means, have at it. Ill continue to hunt the public land. Ill continue to walk hundreds of yards into my spots. Ill keep huntin from shore cause i dont have a boat. And ill continue to listen and put up with all the chit talk. I dont know about you...well actually i probibly do..but i dont go out there and discriminate the ducks that fly by me. I put too much money, time and work into finding these birds to go out there and not shoot just because its not a "trophy" duck. And like i said before, pictures are worth a thousand words, but if you dont feel like it then dont. but put somethin up thats semi-productive. if not, then it might just be better to.. how should i say this...stay in the shadows of delaware...[/quote]

Well Put!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
DEDuck34
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:14 pm

if I go out tomorrow and shoot a limit of coots and post a pic will that make me a "killer" like you? its funny you try to tell me to go scout yet I can tell you more about areas you mention and their habitat and what species of ducks favor there better then you can. Think that over for a minute or 2 SPORT.................
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:21 pm

I do a know a little about LC sir, I did go to the ramp behind HQ and the blind was not there the last time is was back there, give up the trash talk it is "clearly" not welcome. Us public land hunters as well as yourself should be impressed with the success rates of us, since you seem to know so well that the public lands we hunt and enojy aren't managed as well as they should be and the hay day is over. It's not the best but it's all we got. I promise you that you will not make any of us here cry, so please give it up, grow up and quit getting mad about somebody else killing ducks when you arent.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:45 pm

duckinfool72 wrote:if I go out tomorrow and shoot a limit of coots and post a pic will that make me a "killer" like you? its funny you try to tell me to go scout yet I can tell you more about areas you mention and their habitat and what species of ducks favor there better then you can. Think that over for a minute or 2 SPORT.................

I never claimed to be the great white hunter. All i did, and will do, is put up proof of my success. and, i never told you to go out and do your scouting. Im not your boss and hopefully you dont need me to tell you to. But if you do need it, GO AND SCOUT YOUR OWN DUCKS. so before you put your next BS post up, think before you hit the submit button...If your refering to me when you say " the areas you mention" I hate to be the bearrer of bad news, but i havent given up my spots to anyone. And you could be right. You just might be able to tell me more about the areas i hunt..but i doubt it. You could be a wildlife biologist. you could be a game warden. You could be an attendant at a 7-11. i dont know, It's none of my business and I could care less. I can just picture you in the marsh right now. Skybustin, Littering, talkin Chit on other people in blinds, shootin over the limit, shootin b4 and after dark. Call me crazy but you come off like a disgruntled guy who got his field staff application denied...so there it is, my little rant of trash talk. ill keep it to a minimum..for now..
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:58 pm

might be needin these for your coot shoot...

http://www.knutsondecoys.com/decoy_duck/coot.html
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:22 pm

thinkin of you PAL...
Attachments
CRY BABY.png
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Huntfish12 wrote:might be needin these for your coot shoot...

http://www.knutsondecoys.com/decoy_duck/coot.html

I love it, I framed it and put it up on the wall at my local 7-11. you got me nailed right down to it I am disgruntled pro staff flunky yup thats me, since when do you need coot decoys to shoot a coot, i am just going to jump out of the reeds and rake their heads after I litter and talk crap and shoot over my limit before and after lst as you put it so i can post a pic to prove to you that I am worthy of your approval.
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Next

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting