First Split Ends Wet and Wild!!

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

First Split Ends Wet and Wild!!

Postby DE-Duck-n-Goose » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:14 am

Saturday was the ultimate in duck hunting weather and the results were great!!
Hunted in Mlford Neck on the murderkill. The strong east wind had blown the high tide all the way back into the marsh and everything was wet. Tidal push was strong and decoys were swept away if they didnt have enough weight and line on them.
light rain turned to light hail and then light snow and all the while the birds were flying everywhere.
I saw more teal in the first 1.5 hours of shooting time than I had before. We were outing picking up downed birds as more birds were setting into the spread. We were out of the blind and back to the truck with a nice meal's worth of teal by 9:30 am. Who says you have to shoot in September with the mosquitos to have a great teal hunt !

Anybody else want to share their story?

We heard a LOT of shooting in the marsh :)
DE-Duck-n-Goose
hunter

Re: First Split Ends Wet and Wild!!

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:23 am

Ill share...I was north of you, watchin the same weather that you were in. didnt see one bird that day. Was up and out the door at 4am, and in my spot by 5. ofcourse, when i say in my spot, i mean i was in my nice warm cozy chair at work, pretty dry for the most part. I was thinkin about guys like you out there, and wonderin if ya"ll would have a good day. Sounds like you did. Glad to hear it, and good job on gettin out there on a sloppy sloppy day! :thumbsup:
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Re: First Split Ends Wet and Wild!!

Postby deducker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:32 pm

hardcore!
deducker
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting