Any Report from lower De?

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Any Report from lower De?

Postby waterfowlerinde » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:24 am

Any duck reports for Monday 11-21-11 for kent or sussx county?
waterfowlerinde
Newb

Re: Any Report from lower De?

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Me and a buddy killed 8 teal today. Deffinately a lack of big ducks or lack of weather I should say to push them down this way. Saw a massive amount of teal though.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Marlinhunter » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:31 am

usually i dont give reports, let everyone do there own scouting yada yada. But figured since it's been so bad id just throw it up anyway. Hunted the HOOK, it sucked... No water, dead marsh, no big ducks other then a few blackducks up high that allready no were they want to go, oh yea and assloads of garbage birds... Law darts etc. if you like shooting them then by all means good luck as you can probably kill a few. But id rather sleep in..... If it doesnt get cold soon i dont even know if were going to have a bird season....
Marlinhunter
hunter

Postby DE-Duck-n-Goose » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:18 am

More of the same. Lots of guys at the lottery for LC on Monday. I hunted a goose pit and couldn't see past the decoys in the thick fog. Lots of mosquitos and no Geese. 50+ degree temps and the skies didn't clear until after 9:00 am. Lots of shooting from the duck blinds that morning and the few people I talked to had positive reports, although there were not many big ducks being shot.

Guess I'll hang my hopes on the late season :)
DE-Duck-n-Goose
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting