December Duck and Goose reports

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Re: December Duck and Goose reports

Postby bucksandducks84 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:46 am

I think we should have a duck hunting chat boxing match and use the money raised to give to ducks unlimited or to the state for waterfowl habitat in delaware. I think this could be an amazing idea and a good way to raise money. we'll call it smucks for ducks and I'll host it at my place. I'll be first to say I'll box. anyways keep up the reports and stop bitching back and forth. dukinfool72 seriously if you don't have any information then just sit back and read. This makes the hunting public look like a bunch of jerks who can't get along. We should all be in this for one reason and that should be habitat and wildlife management. it's about tradition and memories not jawing on the computer about some dumb stuff. Seriously just keep this site to posting about ducks and geese and waterfowl in general. Other then that Merry christmas to all and good luck during the goose season we should be able to smoke a whole lot of them.
DON'T FORGET TO LEAD
BRIAN
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 pm

This forum is beginning to get a few knuckleheads that I am growing tired of. This state forum in the past NEVER had these issues until a few folks showed up. I have given warnings to folks in the past and I am just going to start cleaning shop to get this state forum site back to the way it was. If you're offended to this then please PM me and we can discuss this. This forum is not for bashing folks on their inputs or ideas. If it is something you don't like, by all means, find another discussion! DO NOT BASH FOLKS ON THIS FORUM!!!!!

Chip
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby deducker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:44 pm

I was using Google Earth at work today and I didnt see any ducks anywhere.
deducker
hunter

Postby we bad x 2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 pm

f the bulchit did you guys get any flight birds yet with the cold snap :wink:
we bad x 2
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:20 pm

NO birds around. Even the geese are looking few and far between
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby Marlinhunter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:43 am

deducker wrote:I was using Google Earth at work today and I didnt see any ducks anywhere.

:lol:

Hunted Almost everyday since the opener, not many birds around.. Although with full moon and cold weather we should start to see a push of birds today or tommorow if we are going to get one... Lets hope. Did not hunt today but will be goose hunting for the rest of the week.. I would like to see that temp gauge hit 29 and not leave it until jan 31st....
Marlinhunter
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:16 am

Hunted prime hook today not many birds or much shooting going on. Although it was fun to watch the snogs cruise back and forth from the bay .
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:58 am

bucksandducks84 wrote:I think we should have a duck hunting chat boxing match and use the money raised to give to ducks unlimited or to the state for waterfowl habitat in delaware. I think this could be an amazing idea and a good way to raise money. we'll call it smucks for ducks and I'll host it at my place. I'll be first to say I'll box. anyways keep up the reports and stop bitching back and forth. dukinfool72 seriously if you don't have any information then just sit back and read. This makes the hunting public look like a bunch of jerks who can't get along. We should all be in this for one reason and that should be habitat and wildlife management. it's about tradition and memories not jawing on the computer about some dumb stuff. Seriously just keep this site to posting about ducks and geese and waterfowl in general. Other then that Merry christmas to all and good luck during the goose season we should be able to smoke a whole lot of them.
DON'T FORGET TO LEAD
BRIAN

lets go old school, WWF style, with tag teams and what not. Cage matches, king of the ring, i can see it now! Although, DU could do without the little bit of $ we would make from it. One of the thousands of lawyers/doctors that are members and are catered to, could make up the rest.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby rodneyo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Not much going on at the Kent Co. impoundments today. A few guys shooting a bird or two every now and again. I dropped one, but lost it in the grass. Not a consistent flight of birds in the air at all out there!
rodneyo
Newb

Postby take'emDE » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:32 am

me and one other person limited out on cans today and killed 5 snows as well. a good day to say the least
take'emDE
hunter

Postby deducker » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:44 am

i'm off tomorrow. where is a hot private marsh to hunt? have boat will travel.
deducker
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:09 pm

We killed a bufflehead on the murderlikll today. Saw quite a few birds mostly on the private stuff, and we wer'nt exactly set up for the wind. Heard a few shots further down river but I'm pretty sure it was the private land doing the bangin. For being named the murderkill, there deffinaty is'nt much of that happening out there. :lol3:
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:48 pm

one drake mallard, one canada..from a pit..birds didnt wanna work. they wernt flaring, just wanted to stretch their wings i suppose after gettin off the roost. deer hunt tommarow, unless i patch this huge hole in my wadders.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Good work men glad to hear someone found some birds. I haven't even given in a shot and it looks like we aren't going to get any cold fronts in the next ten days. The only other thing we can hope for a is good rain storm during hunting hours. I love hunting ducks from the field while it's raining. Keep up the good work and keep the reports coming.
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby fmsfd29 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:50 am

Daffy

I've been out in the River, up the Marshes and in the Fields, the over all problem is the lack of birds. I hunt some pretty good private areas and the birds are just not here in numbers yet. I have been out at Green Beach a few times and the Langs Marsh a few 3 or 4 duck mornings after the opening day limit out hunt that started the season. Come on cold weather
Frank S
fmsfd29
hunter

Postby drewsmith » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:43 pm

....ah Green Beach. Used to have that whole place to myself not too long ago.

Alot of Canadas showed up through the day today. High migrators rolling into both Hooks and the areas surrounding. First nice goose hunts of this split were in the afternoon today. Should bode well for Saturday.
drewsmith
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:32 pm

bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:07 pm

that is funny....true, but funny
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Hunted L.C. today got the skunk, a deffinate lack of birds except for the coots. A little bangin goin on but very quiet for the most part.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:53 pm

killed a two man limit of canadas today. shot 2 geese yesterday. drove through bombay hook after we were finished. average amount of canadas. lower then average amount of ducks. snows were still out, or in the bay. COOTS,... very plentiful!!
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Is anyone seeing any birds. I'm not seeing much anywhere which sucks I have family coming in from out of town bringing his kids to hunt while he's on leave from the military and were going to have no birds to shoot at. I'm thinking maybe greens beach and try and catch some geese but other then that I'm stumped. All my normal good spots are as cold as ice. Is anyone seeing birds anywhere I just want him and his boys to get to shoot their first waterfowl. I might have to go shoot buffleheads or something. I feel horrible but I can't control the weather. Any bit of insight would be helpful.
Brian
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby Bigkc82 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Hunted lower sussex today. Very slow day, saw maybe 40-50 big ducks and choked on four teal flying in the decoys. Not nearly as many buffleheads around compared to a few weeks ago. Was lucky enough to take this queen today.

You can't shootem from the couch, just have to get out and hunt.
Bigkc82
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:09 pm

not positive but I think this recent cold front is pushing some birds down. Anyone seeing any changes out there
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:50 pm

No, nothing different today same about of birds and they are doing the same thing they've been doing all season where I was hunting at today. Hopefully a few days of cold up north will bring some changes. Just hope it stays cold long enough to push them down and not push the ones we have out and not be replaced.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby GOARMY » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:15 pm

I did not even go out today. It so slow I'm just waiting for a break. Birds were coming back to the roost on saturday when they should have been leaving??? saw zero ducks. What happened to all the stupid ones?

Picking up a new big water boat this week and plan on shaking it down. Bring on some ICE!!! :thumbsup:
GOARMY
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting