Shot these birds, What are they?

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Shot these birds, What are they?

Postby Bigkc82 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Managed my limit, what are they? Finally something besides buffleheads. I was covered up with birds, looks like their finally starting to show.

Bigkc82
hunter

Re: Shot these birds, What are they?

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 pm

gadwalls on the left, . Mallard hen 2nd from left, black in the middle, shovelor 2nd from right, cant see the the bird on the end too well. Way to get into 'em dude.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby ed m » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:18 am

just curious as to howmany birds you shoot before you realize you dont know what your shooting, would you still post a pic if you found out you were 5 past your limit? other than that, good shooting its been a slow year.
ed m
hunter

Postby Bigkc82 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:44 pm

ed m wrote:just curious as to howmany birds you shoot before you realize you dont know what your shooting, would you still post a pic if you found out you were 5 past your limit? other than that, good shooting its been a slow year.

Nice first post!!!!
Bigkc82
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:33 pm

LOL, we all at one time or another downed a bird and had to ask what it was. I usually carry an ID book with me should I not know what I just killed. I have a diver and puddle duck guide they have about 6 or 8 of the common ducks and fold up about the size of an index card. You still cuttin' em. or has it slowed up for ya?
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Bigkc82 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:35 pm

bubbasblazer wrote:LOL, we all at one time or another downed a bird and had to ask what it was. I usually carry an ID book with me should I not know what I just killed. I have a diver and puddle duck guide they have about 6 or 8 of the common ducks and fold up about the size of an index card. You still cuttin' em. or has it slowed up for ya?

bubbasblazer

You probably dont realize who this is, but we took a class in school and had to identify all the waterfowl species. Probably the only thing I really paid attention to during class. Thats class has helped out alot with the past 15 years of waterfowling. There's a good book called, "Ducks at a Distance" thats good at identify ducks and geese. Its small and it'll fit into any blind bag.

Yeah still going at it, went today with a few guys. We shot one black, missed few blacks and mallards. Had drake pintail circle a few times but wouldn't finish. Scouted yesterday and thought we'd do a little better. How about you?

Lord

Watch out people the internet police are out!!!
Bigkc82
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:14 pm

HA HA wazzup dude, nothin much fallin into my spreads at all. I meant no ignorance to ya at all dude. My buddy and his friend were were 1 or 2 short of a limit today and I'll let ya guess where they were if you had a pintail workin they were probably the place you were. Havent been doingmy normal L.C. thing this year with low numbers of birds been keeping the boat home a little more and staying closer to home and the murderkill around Doc. Mastens property hoping to pick a few off but just about everything flies right over. It sucks with this being the last season I can probably hit it hard at least for a few years since the baby is due in April. I was trying to think if I knew anyone with the initial KC and I couldnt piece it together. Going to the Murderkill again tomorrow hopefully the Doc. has some frsh birds wanting to put their ***'s in the cold river and hang out with my dekes. Shoot me a pm and maybe we can get together and bust'em up. I looked at that Ducks at a distance and I'lll be damned if when them birds a coming in I got time to figure out whats what by refering to those silohuetts they printed on them pages. As bad as it sounds I think I dropped one duck this last split. We did much better the first true season and early teal.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Bigkc82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 pm

bubbasblazer

No offense taken, glad to hear your still going at it. I'll shoot you a pm or give you a call. Think I still have your number. I'll give you a little better report of what going on. I'm going to hit it hard the last two weeks. I might be able to get you a few birds before the season ends.

bigkc82
Bigkc82
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Sounds good to me, it would be goo dto catch up with some old buddies from back in the day. :biggrin:
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Fri May 25, 2012 9:16 am

Bigkc82 wrote:
ed m wrote:just curious as to howmany birds you shoot before you realize you dont know what your shooting, would you still post a pic if you found out you were 5 past your limit? other than that, good shooting its been a slow year.

Nice first post!!!!

Who cares if it's his first post? He's dead-on in regards to his assessment.

...what would you say if it was this guy's first time in a deer stand and he rocked a lost golden retriever in the woods thinking it was a yearling doe? It all boils back to identifying your target.
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby Bigkc82 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:19 pm

EyeHuntFowl wrote:
Bigkc82 wrote:

Nice first post!!!!

...what would you say if it was this guy's first time in a deer stand and he rocked a lost golden retriever in the woods thinking it was a yearling doe? It all boils back to identifying your target.

Really!!!! Why don't you reread all the posts.

Nice sixth post!!!
Bigkc82
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon May 28, 2012 10:32 am

Hey bigKC. We had the baby and time is tight but maybe one night int the future we can get together and wreck some shop on the "home pond" after work. I been pouring my own soft plastics and got a few to try out. Give me a holler.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Tue May 29, 2012 5:33 am

Bigkc82 wrote:
EyeHuntFowl wrote:
Bigkc82 wrote:

Nice first post!!!!

Nice sixth post!!!

I read all the posts - I'm referencing you all but throwing out the guy's point because it was his first post. There are plenty on here, me included, who've probably forgotten more about waterfowl hunting than you've learned.

...oh but since post count is what matters, you take the cake there topwater.

Keep on shooting and not knowing your target! We'll be reading about you in the Enforcement Blotter.
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby Bigkc82 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:44 pm

EyeHuntFowl wrote:
Bigkc82 wrote:
EyeHuntFowl wrote:
Bigkc82 wrote:

Nice first post!!!!

Nice sixth post!!!

I read all the posts - I'm referencing you all but throwing out the guy's point because it was his first post. There are plenty on here, me included, who've probably forgotten more about waterfowl hunting than you've learned.

...oh but since post count is what matters, you take the cake there topwater.

Keep on shooting and not knowing your target! We'll be reading about you in the Enforcement Blotter.

You're so lost!!! Thanks for keeping me entertained during the off season. Look forward to reading more of your ridiculous posts.

Still cant figure out what some of these birds are!!! :hi:

Bigkc82
hunter

Postby Bigkc82 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

bubbasblazer wrote:Hey bigKC. We had the baby and time is tight but maybe one night int the future we can get together and wreck some shop on the "home pond" after work. I been pouring my own soft plastics and got a few to try out. Give me a holler.

Bubbasblazer

Congrats on the new baby. Know what you mean about time being tight. I'll give you shout tonight or tomorrow.
Bigkc82
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Wed May 30, 2012 6:13 am

Nice bootlip beatdown. No ruddys or coots to go with them? Congrats, killer. :hi:
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting