Public hunting in Bowers Bay

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Public hunting in Bowers Bay

Postby PADuck » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 am

Any info would help my buddy has relatives that live there and we were thinking of going snow goose hunting and didnt know if the bay is public or not. We are out of state and any help would be great. Thanks
PADuck
hunter

Re: Public hunting in Bowers Bay

Postby deducker » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 pm

plenty of snow geese near bowers beach. you cant hunt the bay front legally though.
deducker
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 pm

The waterfowl paper says, at least a 1/2 mile seaward for sea ducks but thats about it it I'd contact F&W for that answer just to be safe. It makes no mention of puddle ducks or geese. Sarturday i Hunted the murderkill and was coming in when they were heading back to the bay about 10am and they were there but alot closer to the St. Jones river, where it dumps into the bay. I rode half way outta the jetty and there was a mess of 'em. Your best bet would be to get to the ramp at North Bowers leave the boat on the trailer and sit on the end of the floating dock and pop all the mallards that hang around there. :lol3:
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby PADuck » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks for the info, i am looking for snows though
PADuck
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting