New to duck hunting

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

New to duck hunting

Postby import33 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:59 am

I've been living in Sussex County for a few years and do a bit of deer hunting but have never been duck hunting. If anyone is willing to offer advice on where I can look to shorten the learning curve, and where to get a little shotgun practice it would be appreciated. Thanks.
import33
Newb

Re: New to duck hunting

Postby bubbasblazer » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Owens station in greenwood is pretty good for shotgun practice. They have skeet, multiple trap stations and a 5 stand also, it's on hunters cove rd not too far from rt 16. As far as hunting areas go check the state web site and every wma is listed with maps and regulations. Gotta get back to work but I will try and post the link if someone hasn't done it by the time I get a chance.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Re: New to duck hunting

Postby WeimerHeimer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:13 am

Join the local Chapter of Ducks Unlimited down there. They have a super group of guys, ... it's all about networking. My nephew, Jay H., is one of the DU "Leaders" of that Chapter. He Owns/Operates "Executive Lawns" in the Rehoboth Beach area. Look him up and call him. He can give you details on how to join the local Sussex County DU Chapter.

Be sure to tell him "Uncle Lonnie" sent you!

Good luck!
Atlantic Flyway
Member:
DU
NRA
York Riflemen
Team Flock Busters
WeimerHeimer
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting