Where's the public Land

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Where's the public Land

Postby Shasnanak » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:21 pm

Thanks to the U.S Air Force I'm no-longer an Alaskan resident now I live in the great state of Delaware---Could anybody direct me to the good puplic hunting spots? PLEASE :help:
Shasnanak
Newb

Postby abuckrub » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:36 pm

Welcome to the First state. Well your in luck being at the Dover AFB your very close to a lot of public hunting. Find your way onto RT9 headed north and you'll find Little Creek WLA, at your back door and little futher north Bombay Hook NWLR and just north of that Woodland Beach WLA. To your South about 40 miles down RT 1 is Prime Hook NWLR. All of these have a Lottery system where the hunting parties show 2 hrs or so before legal shooting and draw for blinds/pits. Most all require a boat. If you don't have one go to the draw a few times and make a buddie. Hope this helps a little. Oh yea you've got the whole eastern shore of Maryland and the Cheaepeake bay too. Makes Delaware look like a muddy farm pond.
Best of luck H
abuckrub
Newb

Postby the head » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:18 am

shasnanak, If I understand this right, you are an activer U.S. serviceman that got transfered to Dover. If this is so, first let me thank you, no matter what branch you sarve under or what job you do, for serving our country and helping to defend us and all we hold sacred against whatever threatens the american way of life. If you want to hunt, I was born and raised here in delaware and have been hunting the tristate area all my life. it would by an honor to take you hunting and show you some of the prime locations around us for whatever kind of hunting you like. if you're interested, you can contact me via e-mail at the adress shown in my profile. Hope you have already found some good hunting already, the season is almost over. If not, drop me a line and i'll put you on the meat. thanks again, to all of you. ( thehead42@aol.com)
the head
Newb

Postby HatterWayne » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:06 pm

Welcome to Delaware :-) . . . here's the DE DNREC web site where you can find everything about hunting in DE including public areas and maps:

http://www.dnrec.state.de.us/fw/

:-)
HatterWayne
Pro Hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:26 pm

Hey there!!! I am a Army Medevac Pilot that is 10 minutes from DAFB and if you're up to it drop me a mesage and maybe we could link up next season!! If not Little Creek Wildlife Refuge, Port Mahon, and the St. Jones River are both just on the East side of DAFB. Woodland Beach, Cedar Swamp, and Bombay Hook Wildlife Refuge are 15 minutes North. Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge is 30 minutes South of you. All are public places and not too bad. You will need a boat. Best of luck to ya and welcome to Del-A-Where????? :salude:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting