How was your Nov. split

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

How was your Nov. split

Postby Duckguy69 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 pm

The ducks finally got here this week ! The first week was slow but this week was great , We killed about 100 ducks in 4 days in Smyrna , Most of them were in fields out of field duck and goose spreads. How was your Nov. split and how many others are killing ducks out of the field now , We ussally dont kill ducks out of the field great untill late Dec. and Jan. But they moved to the fields this week to feed .
Duckguy69
hunter

Re: How was your Nov. split

Postby bubbasblazer » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:14 am

1 ringneck
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby NICKD » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 am

Good shooting Duckguy69. Shot 3 black ducks last Saturday. Didn't see much last week. My luck they show up this week and I have to work all week. Thats on my list to do, to have a good field shoot for ducks.
Wack Em Stack Em
NICKD
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Duckguy69 wrote:The ducks finally got here this week ! The first week was slow but this week was great , We killed about 100 ducks in 4 days in Smyrna , Most of them were in fields out of field duck and goose spreads. How was your Nov. split and how many others are killing ducks out of the field now , We ussally dont kill ducks out of the field great untill late Dec. and Jan. But they moved to the fields this week to feed .

Hmmmmmm.......

How many times can you say "field" in one quote? 5 seams a bit much...
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby DE-Duck-n-Goose » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Threw a bunch of steel around in the marsh on Tuesday in the rain and wind.
Sad to say my poor shooting resulted in ZERO ducks in the fridge :crying:

Good numbers of birds moving around though.
DE-Duck-n-Goose
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:15 am

Huntfish12 wrote:
Duckguy69 wrote:The ducks finally got here this week ! The first week was slow but this week was great , We killed about 100 ducks in 4 days in Smyrna , Most of them were in fields out of field duck and goose spreads. How was your Nov. split and how many others are killing ducks out of the field now , We ussally dont kill ducks out of the field great untill late Dec. and Jan. But they moved to the fields this week to feed .

Hmmmmmm.......

come on man go to throw a quote for how great the hunting is at woodland beach hunt club, wonder if it can make another 9 page thread which alter ego will post right behind him?
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby deducker » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:07 pm

we did really well the 2nd week also. i estimate that we ran 3 party's a day out of our field blinds. we shot well over a 150 ducks in those 4 days.
deducker
hunter

How was your Nov. split

Postby gooseman07 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Apparently the guy that I went with last year decided he's not gonna answer his texts/phone calls this year. I offered to help around his farm for payment since he never said a word about being paid. So, I haven't been yet. Don't have money to spend on a club, just bought a house and moved in. Would love to get out in before Christmas but don't have a boat or any private places now.
gooseman07
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:30 am

gooseman07 wrote:Would love to get out in before Christmas but don't have a boat or any private places now.

There are plenty of public hunting opportunities for waterfowl that do not require a boat...
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby DE-DuckNBass » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:41 pm

EyeHuntFowl wrote:
gooseman07 wrote:Would love to get out in before Christmas but don't have a boat or any private places now.

There are plenty of public hunting opportunities for waterfowl that do not require a boat...

Where at? Cause I'm in the same situation no boat no land to hunt..
Can't Hit Ducks Club - Pro Staff
DE-DuckNBass
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Look on the maps! There's some at just about every state run WMA! Some fields, some ponds, some of both! Augustine, Cedar Swamp, Woodland Beach, Ted Harvey, etc.
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby DE-DuckNBass » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks for sharing I used to go with friends in MD but recently I have been trying to hunt where and when I can in DE. Is it possible to hunt these locations in a boat blind?
Can't Hit Ducks Club - Pro Staff
DE-DuckNBass
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 pm

duckinfool72 wrote:
Huntfish12 wrote:

Hmmmmmm.......

come on man go to throw a quote for how great the hunting is at woodland beach hunt club.....

Didnt see that coming.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting