Trying tomorrow

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Trying tomorrow

Postby James420 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:06 pm

I used to hunt Augustine and Cedar Swamp up until last year when I moved from Wilmington to Lewes back in March, I'm gonna try the Seashore State park blinds tomorrow for an afternoon hunt. I'll report if anyone's interested. Lots of blinds down here between Piney Neck which is part of Assawoman, Herring Creek blinds which are 100ft from where I live and some blinds on Love Creek. Prime Hook is up the road but I hear that place is packed, since moving down here I have noticed that most of the locals deer hunt which I do as well but not so much into Duck Hunting. Again good luck to everyone for this last part of the season, and I'll try to keep everyone posted from time to time if the shootings really good or really bad.
James420
Newb

Re: Trying tomorrow

Postby DE-DuckNBass » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Good luck tomorrow man, welcome to LSD.
Can't Hit Ducks Club - Pro Staff
DE-DuckNBass
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:39 am

Welcome to the site dude. My grandfather had a house on hering creek years ago. Across from Angola by the (somethin). Where is there blinds at down there? Let us know how you make out. :welcome:
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby James420 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Thanks guys, I live in Angola by the Bay, there are some blinds on herring creek on the way back here from the Rehoboth bay, I keep hearing different things whether they are private or not, not sure? My boat is 18ft fiberglass, ( I miss the 14 ft duck boat ) so its hard for me to hunt out of blinds or even out of the boat.

I walked in to blind 8 right near the inlet and saw tons of buffleheads, 30-40 in each group. Only 2 mallards hen and a drake and 4 or 5 Brant. They were in range for the most part but I only had my hip waders so my shooting limited to about 25 yards.
I only scored one Bufflehead but I had goods shots at the Mallards but missed :crying: :fingerhead:. Bad shots by me.

I went out at 1:00 pm and left at 4:45. I took a mojo hoping with the fog it might bring something in and ran it 30 minutes every hour until 3:00 then it ran till the end. The fog was really bad btw. Also took two mallard decoys and one black duck decoy, hey I can dream can't I, lol. No one else was out so it was pretty quiet. All the blinds on the Rehoboth side of the bay looked destroyed from the hurricane, I didn't check out the south side of the bridge.

I'm gonna try tomorrow except maybe 2:30-4:45, on the south side of the bridge. Thanks again for the welcome!!

Hopefully no one will be mad, I don't think I gave away to much info, these are public blinds and its first come with the 10.00 park permit.
James420
Newb

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Confucious say "man can't kill duck from couch". At least you got some shootin in. I took vaca. From last wed till today to hunt and been sick ever since Thursday night. Thursday was a good hunt so it kinda made up for not going any other day. Check out the Lewes canal I believe the maps are on the cape henlopen website not sure if its worth anything but worth a try at least. Keep up posted dude.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:51 am

You may want to check the sunset time because it's before 4:45pm...
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby James420 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:21 pm

EyeHuntFowl wrote:You may want to check the sunset time because it's before 4:45pm...

Yea it is, but cleaning up decoys and my stuff plus the walk out to my truck takes time.
James420
Newb

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 am

Just don't want to see anyone get pinched for not knowing... hope you fared a little better yesterday!
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting