Anybody live near Lewes?

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Anybody live near Lewes?

Postby don taylor » Mon May 06, 2013 7:29 am

I'll be visiting family during the season, probably around Christmas. What species should I be targeting around Christmas? Can i depend on finding a walk in spot and bringing the dog? Should I plan on hunting the ocean for divers and haul a boat? What are my best odds late December? What species are hanging around?

If anybody feels inclined to PM me, please do. I'm not asking for spots, not in the least. I just don't know what to even plan on.Space will be limited, so i can't prepare and pack for everything.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Anybody live near Lewes?

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm not too far from lewes. As far as public ground you got the gordons pond area down the canal towards rehoboth but have never hunted it. It is a salt marsh though. Hit me up when you get here and we can probably find a few birds, just need a non-res liscense and stamps.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue May 07, 2013 5:44 am

Thanks for the offer, I'l be in touch as the season approaches. What kind of targets does a salt marsh provide? Brant and black ducks? I primarily hunt rivers and shallow swamps here, I've only hunted tidal marshes twice before, both in NJ.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Huntfish12 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:43 am

If you can swing it, look me up on your way back home. I live at the top of the state, no where near them slower lower folk.. Hell, mabye we could all get out, the boat MIGHT be done by then..
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 am

Primarily your blacks, probably a few teal still mallards hit or miss. Ringnecks of course. Maybe a few sprigs depending on the refuge conditions a few miles north of lewes. Havent had time to call ya back Chris been fighting the race car. When did you get a boat?
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 am

At or around the end of summer last year. knew it wouldnt be ready for the season, but hopefully it will be this year.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting