Duck Hunting Forum banner

Looking for private places to hunt

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  quackhead7606 
#1 ·
:hi: I am looking for a new place to hunt. I currently hunt townsend, cedar swamp, woodland, and the beach sometimes. I would like a place to go for the days that I don't get picked, or the days I may wake up late, or just a good spot to meet some new friends and hunting buddies. I am also interested in a good snow goose conservation order location too. pm me or leave comment. thank you guys!!! and good luck on the upcoming duck season!!! :smile:

#6 ·
yep I just joined few days ago but I have been hunting since I was a kid. And believe me duck dynasty isn't nothing but a joke and a product advertisement for thos guys. I don't own nothing by duck commander. I figure I could use the site to help me put more ducks, geese, and brant on the table and maybe have some spots to hunt for when all the cool duck dynasty lover boys that have mommy and daddy money will be flooding the state lands and don't know the first thing about bird hunting. but oh well I tried to just hunt with other new hunting partners. I guess one hunting lease location isn't bad. :beer:

#8 ·
I have never hunted LC. is it all boat access blinds? im going to try cedar swamp Friday and maybe woodland sat. Monday I will most likely be hunting the beach for buffleheads and swamp Tuesday. I have been seeing a decent amount of teal around woodland and cedar swamp and still got a nice amount of woodies flying around. cant wait to get out there. I will be having a first time bird hunter with me Friday (my bride to be). I will be doing all the calling and wont be nothing but a backup shooter until she gets her first duck, than she better be quicker than me lol. goodluck to ya and be safe. post pics of your kills if possiable.

#13 ·
No i dont lol i live in apartments where they dont allow boats to be parked. When i go with buddies on their boats i put in for fuel prices so that helps. They all hunt out of woodland beach tho. When i go to woodland alone i try for the pond thats next to checkin station (the one that the guy does lottery ray hates people huntin). The only thing i dont like is you have to be done hunting by i believe 10:30am and no evening hunting that pond. Deer hunted cedar swamp this morning and saw a good amount of teal flying around and a few black ducks. Goodluck to all going out friday and sat. Be safe. Post pics of your kills. :smile:

#14 ·
quackhead7606 said:
Is that a blind site or state built blind. We did decent out of a blind and a pit at cedar swamp past few years on ducks. Geese just fly by to private fields across the road :sad:
Its a public hunting site. All you do is hunkerdown in the rocks and keep still. Not too many guys know about it and the ones that do, keep it a secret.
deducker said:
dude i can't believe you gave up the jetty spot!
everyone needs a little help here and there.
:yes:

#16 ·
I walked my whole first year. Now I have a boat....

NO one is going to GIVE you permission to hunt private. Especially on a forum.

That said, there are a few walk-in blinds at Augustine. All Public. This is not giving anything away:

Blind 26 is way out into the marsh at the south end of 1000 acres. A good 10 minute walk from the parking area. You WILL shoot wood duck there - but you really should have a dog as the marsh there is thick with phrag and grass.

Blind 32 is a pit, 10 minute walk, and has a small pond next to it. Wood duck and Geese. No dog needed - open field.

Blind 1 is the handicap blind in the Green tract. HAs a small pond on it. Again no dog needed - open field.

Blind 24 is a pit at the south end of the Green tract. Gets Geese and fly-by Mallards - especially when guys are hunting the Appoqiunimink river. open field.

Blind 23 is walkable, but you can not walk into the river there. Too deep. You will need a dog or only shoot incoming ducks.

Blind 20 in the GReen tract on the Appo river is also walkable, but again you can not walk into the river there. Too deep. Like 23 , you will need a dog or only shoot incoming ducks.

Blind 11 is in the Augustine impound. 2 minute walk. Nice thing is the water is all of 3 feet deep so you don't really need a dog.

I need to scout the back side of blind 10 - but I *THINK* you could walk it with a GPS, a good set of waders and a walking pole.
there is hard ground behind the blind.

Good luck.

#17 ·
how about a canoe, if not a boat? we hunted the impoundments at LC and TH when we were kids with a 16ft canoe. that's right we were F'n crazy! we could paddle right across with no problems. a few years later we upgraded to a square back canoe with a 5hp. that's right we were the chit and still F'n crazy! not once did we tip over....

#18 ·
"I need to scout the back side of blind 10 - but I *THINK* you could walk it with a GPS, a good set of waders and a walking pole.
there is hard ground behind the blind."

I tried walking it today. Not a good idea. You have to cross about 10 yards of water to get to the land behind the blind. Water was only 6 inches deep. The mud however was up to my crotch. I walked it with a duck bill push pole and I can say that if I did not have the pole, I would probably have fallen over trying step and swamped my waders or worse. Really stinky marsh mud too. My white and brown pointer was completely black after playing in it. And got a bath when we got home!

By water, Blind 10 is now only accessible by paddle, push pole, or mud-motor. Not gonna happen with an outboard. The impound is about a foot lower than normal. More than once during the Nov25 split, parties had to turn around and go back to the lottery to take another blind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.