Any comments? :-)

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Any comments? :-)

Postby HatterWayne » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:52 pm

Well, now that DE season is over, . . . do you think this year was worse, same, or better than last year?
HatterWayne
Pro Hunter

Postby lowejon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:52 pm

Well i have had better,but it wasn't all that bad..Alot more mallards this year,and alot less teal.Have had some nice shoots on some honkers,glad to see there numbers back up..Building a house in angola area and on mon. we watched over 200 canadians pile in this open water area.We sat there and watched them fill it up,as we were getting back to work here come the mallards & black ducks.why can't del. have the season run later in jan..Oh well deer is in last week for muuzzleloader so i guess it's time to put something in the freezer..And get the honey- do's done before fishing starts. :hammering: :thumbsup:
lowejon
hunter

Postby HatterWayne » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:07 pm

. . . and so ends the MD AP season as of today. :-( . . . Since DE's season ended, the birds didn't move as much across the DE / MD line as hoped and the snow and freezing temps we had last week didn't help either. Ducks didn't show up in any numbers to speak of compared to previous years and according to other guys, the lack of ducks was wide spread throughout DE and Eastern Shore MD. All-in-all, it was still an enjoyable season spending time with hunting buddies and having a few laughs! . . .

:-)
HatterWayne
Pro Hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:14 pm

First regular season started off pretty promising, but quickly dwindled with the warm weather spell all around. I have had two guys from Wisconsin that I was deployed with for the past three years come out every year for ducks and they said in December that everything was still open with no ice and only one snow there. I just think with the warm weather the migration just went stagnant and we were all shooting at the same locals and over a period of time they become very familiar of where to go and where not too. I did alot of goose hunting in Maryland last year and not alot of duck hunting, but definitely worse than past seasons I would say.I hope others did well, but like they say... A Bad Day Hunting Beats A Day At The Office!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone next season!! :salude:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting