A couple questions

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

A couple questions

Postby TheWanderer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:31 pm

1. I'm just getting into hunting Delaware and may be moving to the state soon. What are the rules on waterfowl hunting? Is it like NJ where if you're in the water next to private property you're good? Or is it more like MD/VA and regulated with placed blinds and rules on how far apart and on and on?

2. Was out for a goose hunt today and thinking warm thoughts (of teal hunting next fall). Reading the regulations I kind of have the impression that you can only hunt on private land and wildlife management areas. Is that the case or is it just like any other duck season?

Thank you in advance.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted
TheWanderer
hunter

Re: A couple questions

Postby bubbasblazer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:36 pm

The way I umderstand it and have done in the past, on rivers stop and hunt where you wantif next to privat land just stay in your boat, and far enogh away from huntable blinds on cant remember the exact distance. Some state land is first come first serve but no blinds usuall just blind sites. For teal the state first come first serve areas are open for teal, all some river blinds will be open but CHECK each areas rules and regs. If there is an actual blind it will be required to check in at the lottery station at specified time noted on area maps. some wmas are only open certain days for waterfowl, deer ect. Dont know how to do the link thing but goolge Delaware hunting maps and you should come to the state site with all areas, maps and rules for each one. Im sure someone will jump in if I told ya wrong or left out details. P.S. im typing this after a long day of work dont take it for gospel but and general overview. Where you thinking of movimg to?
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby deduckin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 am

all state rivers and creeks you can hunt.... you MUST be 1500ft away from any established blind, whether its grassed and in use or just sitting there... Also you have to obey town rules for discharging a firearm in town limits (if you hunt that close to a town)... If you shoot a bird, it falls on private property, you go and get it = trespassing.....other than that, your good to go..

I just talked to a field agent yesterday on the phone and this is what he told me the rules are..... :thumbsup:

Any of the state blinds and pits have to go through the lottery process in the hunting seasons obviously. Have fun!

P.S - if you need/want some comapany give me a holler... I am always looking to go out and don't really have any friends that hunt..
deduckin
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Thanks for the clarification dude, always best to get the rules from the ones writing the ticket.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby deduckin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:34 pm

you got that right.... the guy was real cool about it ... gave me a few tips while we were on the phone... :biggrin:
deduckin
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting