Any Input On New Permits For State Blinds???

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Any Input On New Permits For State Blinds???

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:47 am

I am real curious to see how this new permit system is going to work out this season. I see this season to hunt from a state blind that the state is charging $10.00 for the permits and all license sellers are selling permits from $11.00 to $12.00. I hope with hunters paying this type of money for these permits they will keep up with grass on the blinds that they have lacked to do in recent years. I hope they will also have an open area infront of your blind unlike some places (Little Creek) that grass has just consumed everything in front and around the blind! I also hope that the people using the blinds will take better care of them too.

Just a little B.S. session prior to todays Resident Goose Season. Get Em Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Grassing

Postby TheLuckyDucker » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:23 pm

I whole-heartly agree - if they are increase the fees for Hunting Licenses and now the $10 Daily User Permit - DNREC needs to provide the services that we are paying for! Why not put the Work-Release boys out there between each split to re-grass all blinds on State / Federal Lands!

Heading for some Teal on Thursday AM!
The Lucky Ducker always gets his powder off!
TheLuckyDucker
Newb

Teal???

Postby turtles3sons » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:06 pm

Any luck on those teal LuckyDucker???
Where did you hunt?
turtles3sons
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:01 pm

Unfortunately I was away with the military for the Resident Goose and Teal Season. :mad: Hope to make it up with opening day this season. Still don't know where I am going yet.
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Teal Season

Postby TheLuckyDucker » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:09 pm

Complete bust from St. Jones to Broadkill! Some more big ducks are starting to show do to the cold I would have liked about a week prior to Teal.
The Lucky Ducker always gets his powder off!
TheLuckyDucker
Newb

Postby jeff250 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:54 pm

before early teal began i ran around in my boat checking out all the augustine area blinds... only 1 through 11 or 12 were dressed (very well), but all the others were just wood and chicken wire and half were sank in the mud or underwater. I signed up for a volunteer day they are having to dress the blinds, although i dont see the point of where my 11.50 is going.
---TEAM FINAL FLIGHT---
2005 16' Crestliner 97' 30HP 4 Stroke
DUCK KILLIN MACHINE
jeff250
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Point well taken. I hope that at the end of the season there will be enough people to express this matter. I don't mind paying for the blind ,but I mind if I am paying for something that isn't even servicable!!!! :mad: Why should you cover up something that you are paying the state for??? Why pay to hunt from a blind that is half in the water or torn apart??? funny thing is the guys that maintain the blinds for the state work right out of Augustine Beach so i would expect Augustine to be good to go.
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby Daffy Ducking » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:33 pm

:huh:I just recently heard that the state is considering a one time fee for the season next year along with your license. Anybody hear anything???
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby jeff250 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:15 pm

heard the same!
---TEAM FINAL FLIGHT---
2005 16' Crestliner 97' 30HP 4 Stroke
DUCK KILLIN MACHINE
jeff250
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:25 pm

For paying $10.00 this season to hunt the state areas I really saw no changes in the upkeeping of the blinds. Blinds that needed repairs were not fixed, doors ripped from the beginning of the year still not fixed, blinds that have been destroyed for years now that are still on the boards at the drawing stations still not replaced. Where did all this money go to????????? :mad:
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

money

Postby turtles3sons » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:57 pm

Can you say Ruth Ann Minner
I heard only a small percentage goes back to DNREC and the rest goes to the general fund. That means someones pocket and not ours.
turtles3sons
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting