"Anxiously Waiting For The Season To Open!!!!"

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

"Anxiously Waiting For The Season To Open!!!!"

Postby Daffy Ducking » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:27 pm

11 more days and counting :yes: ! Still don't know where I am going yet, but I know I will be hunting!!! I tried Prime Hook last year for opening day and should've went home when I saw the number of parties that were there. Of course my number wasn't called so I settled elsewhere. Good luck to all of ya's! :thumbsup:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

DUCK!!!!

Postby turtles3sons » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:45 pm

Is it 6:53 yet. Can't wait till I get to pull up on that flock setting into the decoys. Will be at Woodland taking one of the kids.
If you ever need someone to go with I'm always game. Paying 10 bucks each time is going to be a killer if there are no birds flying.
turtles3sons
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:53 am

Hey Turtle thanks for the offer! I was crabbing the flats a few weeks ago and saw a couple flocks of teal and a few big ducks. I hope you and your son get into em!! Are you and your son going to do the youth hunt on the 20th or are they too old?? Anyway good luck to you guys! :thumbsup:

"Anxiously Waiting!!!!!" :drool:
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:21 pm

hey daffy

you find a spot, but need extra gunners and some extra decoys me and my buds will come and lend a hand. We are hunting everyday down in Maryland, but the weather is hot, the wind sucks, and the birds dont feel like flying
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Prime Hook

Postby TheLuckyDucker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:07 pm

I would not waste my (or anyone elses) time here! There is no water to speak of and even those with mudmotors will be having one he** of a time getting to any of the blinds. I know for a fact that some blinds have no water access and are high AND dry! I will be on the river during this first split unless we get a tropical downpour for days on end. Good luck to those with youths!!!
The Lucky Ducker always gets his powder off!
TheLuckyDucker
Newb

youth hunt

Postby turtles3sons » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:39 pm

No my kids will not be doing the youth hunt. They are too young I have from age 10 to 5. Thay all love going but this year youth hunt specifies ages 12-15.
Good luck on opener. Let me know how you do.
turtles3sons
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:52 pm

:thumbsup:
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby jeff250 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:24 pm

ill probably be heading to augustine...still to warm
---TEAM FINAL FLIGHT---
2005 16' Crestliner 97' 30HP 4 Stroke
DUCK KILLIN MACHINE
jeff250
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:22 am

I have always done well at Augustine all season long in the past. Got a feeling you won't be home empty handed!! :yes: Post a reply and let me know how you do. Good Luck to ya! :thumbsup:
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

ONE more day

Postby turtles3sons » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:00 pm

Done know if I will make it through work tomorrow. One more day and my finger is iching.
turtles3sons
hunter

weather

Postby turtles3sons » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:02 pm

Definely duck weather on friday. Calling for rain but still just a little to warm.
Hope everyone has a great opener.
Good luck all.
turtles3sons
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:14 pm

I'm leaving work at 1 am myself too. I will be so amped up to get out there I won't be tired until @ noon on Friday! And the weather does look very promising for some great hunting weather. I see also that a cold front is on its way in behind this rain. Man! I can't sit here and keep typing I'm all wound up!!!!! :crazy:

Post in and let me know how you do!!!! I certainly will.

Good luck to all and 2 more days fellas!!! :drool:
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby HowIdo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:27 am

A couple of my buddies are going to Augustine and I am stuck at work and pissed. If it were only a little colder this weather is perfect.

Hope everyone does good and be safe. I will let everyone know how they do.
HowIdo
hunter

opening day

Postby turtles3sons » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:12 am

Not bad. Lots of teal flying but high. Ended up with 4 teal, 1 mallard, and 1 bufflehead in the blind. Heard from some guys hunting woodland and they saw birds but fought chasing decoys all morning.
turtles3sons
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:54 pm

:banger: Fellas I had such a great time Friday morning for opening day! I was a little discouraged due to I was running a little late due to working all nite and coming home a few hours prior to leaving to go hunting feeling a little tired but, that all passed quickly as I proceeded to the blind. I knew it was going to be a great morning hunt because I had ducks in my decoys while I was still out there dropping more blocks!! While I was deploying my decoys in the dark all you could hear was flapping wings and every now and then a little chatter from passing flocks. As soon as legal shooting time arrived the blind around the bend from me shot and all hell broke loose for about an hour!! When the dust and feathers settled I had 2 teal, 1 gadwall, 2 mallards. Soon after that a lone black duck fell to my gun just as those little orange legs dropped out to land. No sooner did I retrieve him a flock of 5 mallards stopped in for a rest but only 4 left! :devil: The rain and wind definitely had the birds that were here moving all around on Friday. I am stuck on an outage at work so I'm not going to be able to hit the water again until next week. :mad: Anybody does anything post a reply. Always up to hear how everyone else is doing. I posted the picture from my hunt in the 2007-2008 picture section. Check it out. Best of luck to all of ya's and get em while the gettins good!!!!!
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby HowIdo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:14 pm

My buddies mad it out to Augustine opening morning and did great also. They limited out by noon with mostly teal and a few mallards, said it was the best opening yet. They went out again on saturday but said there wasnt much action, only shot 1 teal.

I had to work so i couldnt make it friday or saturday but im heading out this wednesday to a lease blind in NJ and either there again on sat or Delaware State land so i will let everyone know how we do and take some pics to post.

Good luck to everyone.
HowIdo
hunter

state land

Postby turtles3sons » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:07 pm

Where do you hunt when you hunt state land?
turtles3sons
hunter

Postby jeff250 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:43 am

well openeing mornin was good 4 me...good weather tons of birds we eneded up taking 10 in the morning and 3 afternoon...5 mallards 3 gw teal and 2 gadwal...3 woodies in the afternoon
---TEAM FINAL FLIGHT---
2005 16' Crestliner 97' 30HP 4 Stroke
DUCK KILLIN MACHINE
jeff250
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting