Deleware Vacation Help

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Deleware Vacation Help

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi Guys....
After this horrendous winter, my wife and I are looking to take a short trip to just get away....I've got a 3 and a 1 year old....
I'm looking for a resort type place near the beach with nice rooms and a good indoor pool....things to do in walking distance would be important....
Who has some suggestions? We both surf, love good steaks and beer....
Please advise....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Deleware Vacation Help

Postby bubbasblazer » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Rehoboth beach or Lewes would be a good choice. Beware of alternative lifestyles in rehoboth beach though. Lewes has cape henlopen state park which is cool for everyone. As far as restaurants Fins they have everything, is very good, Nicola pizza for nic-a-bolI, and stay away from grottos pizza unless you wanna be on the toilet the test of the night. Alot of people like DogFishead beer over here which is a local brewery making headlines. The have a restraunt in Reho. As well but never ate there. Prime Hook NWR is also just north of Lewes and Reho. Deffinately ride around the back roads in that area and do some duck watching if you come before the birds leave. And if you get lost back there drive West until you hit rt. 1. I live 20min north of the beach areas and now is the time to before it gets crowded, but theres deff. enough to do on the weekend. During the wedk this time of year some places are closed.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:19 pm

What bubba said is pretty spot on. I would suggest going to the dogfish brewery, and taking the tour. I like the hoppy beers like 90 minute IPA, they have one caled 61 which is mixed with beer and wine. Since you are accustomed to terrible gun laws, you could stay in ocean city Maryland, they have a lot of good hotels. I think the golden sands has an indoor pool. A few places have steamed seafood and steaks locally, or you could then come north to Indian river inlet for surfing and fishing. Then travel north to rehoboth for the beach, good food and family fun there.
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:47 am

Thanks guys....this winter was awful....my wife and I just wanted a short trip get a change of scenery....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Indrid Cold » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:21 pm

I would go to Ocean City Maryland...not to much further away...a lot more stuff to do for the kids in my opinion.
Indrid Cold
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:23 am

Indrid Cold wrote:I would go to Ocean City Maryland...not to much further away...a lot more stuff to do for the kids in my opinion.

Yup, I'll second that
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting