Bunny hunters

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Bunny hunters

Postby turtles3sons » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:25 pm

Went out to some state land that is a walk in area open for just about any kind of hunting and set up in a field(one out of a hundred different fields) about 8 dozen canadians and some duck decoys. Slow morning nothing flying till about 9:45. Yes here comes the geese!!!! NO NO here comes the DOGS. Here we sit in the middle of a field calling geese and six guys pull up and let their dogs out and start working up the hedge row we are sitting in. Ask the guys what their intentions are and they say they are going to run dogs down this hedge row. I am in shock and somewhat pissed at this time. I ask did you not see the decoys in the field did you not hear us calling. He replies I thought it was geese flying buy and did not see you here thought you were deer hunting. I walk away and start picking up decoys. How rude some can be.
turtles3sons
hunter

Postby TommyW » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:24 am

Been there before in NJ. They thought my goose decoys were real geese in the middle field. They offered to leave but I told them to stay, it about 11:00 anyway. I packed up and left.
WHAT SAID IN THE BLIND STAYS IN THE BLIND
TommyW
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:04 pm

:mad: That's pretty messed up! I would have been upset too but I don't think I would have left though. Is'nt there a law for distance from other hunters?
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby TommyW » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:11 am

Daffy Ducking wrote::mad: That's pretty messed up! I would have been upset too but I don't think I would have left though. Is'nt there a law for distance from other hunters?
It was ok. I don't goose hunt all day. It was close to lunch time anyway. If it was early in the morning, then I would have been upset. As for the law I don't know.
WHAT SAID IN THE BLIND STAYS IN THE BLIND
TommyW
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting