C&D canal

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

C&D canal

Postby HowIdo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Just wondering if anyone has ever duck or goose hutned at the C&D canal? My buddy and I did a little scouting last week and found a couple ponds and a few fields that look ok. Im trying to find new places to try out next year. Thanks
Why lose when you can Win?

Proud to be everything Liberals cant stand!!
HowIdo
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:45 pm

I have never personally hunted @ or around the canal but I can tell you from flying around there with the military that there is a ton of Canadians all along there! Lums Pond was loaded with birds right around the last 2 weeks of the season. It's ashame that the state does'nt open it up to hunting since you can't swim in it anymore. I think it would be a nice area to hunt. :thumbsup:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby HowIdo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:44 pm

Daffy I agree with lums pond, there are some nice corn fields around there also. I have been down the canal a couple times and it doesnt seem to many geese use the ponds or fields on the canal. Instead they pick the fields that are privatley owned and 200 yards away :mad: . I have managed to pick up 2 new hunting places in NJ already, but I want to find some here as well considering those are an hour and a half away.

HowIdo
hunter

Postby jeff250 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:20 pm

i could show ya a few places, you just have to show me some in jersey.
---TEAM FINAL FLIGHT---
2005 16' Crestliner 97' 30HP 4 Stroke
DUCK KILLIN MACHINE
jeff250
hunter

Postby HowIdo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:26 am

Jeff,
Thats not a problem, I have 2 farms to hunt in NJ that are great. The only problem is that they are an 1 to 1.5 hours away. I was just looking for something local so I could go a couple days during the week when I got off work. I have been down the canal 3 times recently and havent found anything promising!!

HowIdo
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting