Watch Y'All Doin???????

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Watch Y'All Doin???????

Postby Daffy Ducking » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:09 am

What has everyone been up to lately or preparing to do now that the weather is warming up and the ducks are pairing up? I tried fishing the Bay @ Lewes last week and did'nt do too good. :sad: The water temp. was 45 degrees and still a little too cold for taug. They are catching some nice size taug and huge sea bass out of the inlet at the artificial reef. A buddy of mine went out on a charter and everyone on the boat landed multiple citation Sea Bass and Taug @ 10lbs. Won't be too long and they will be up in the Bay! :drool:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby HowIdo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:20 am

I have been itching to get out on some ponds and hook up with some largemouths. Otherwise, I have been ordering more goose/duck decoys and saving money to buy a new gun before the season. Im going to go with either the Benelli Super Black Eagle II or the Beretta Xtrema II. Not sure which one yet, but I will do some more reasearch then pick.
Why lose when you can Win?

Proud to be everything Liberals cant stand!!
HowIdo
hunter

Postby Auxillary » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:17 am

Well I've missed a good portion of Delaware's fall and winter because I've been flying a lot. Spent most of it in Spain and Germany and of course the Middle East. Kind of put me behind the power curve for my huntin'. I did get a little fishing in though.
Lately I've been going out to the skeet range with the wife here on base, I'm going to try and get out once or twice a week if able. Hopefully I won't be suckin' too bad come bird time.
I'm going back home to visit my folks in Colorado on Monday, haven't been home since the start of pilot training (3 years!) and am going to go chuck a fly around on the Arkansas River.
When I get back, I'm going to take the boat out into the Sassafras and try and pick up a few channels for a good spring fish fry :thumbsup: And probably test out my planer boards that I built over the winter to get ready for the stripes. Let me know if someone wants to go out teach me how to run them, I grew up with a fly rod, but I'm trying to adapt!!!
Auxillary
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:08 am

Hey auxillary are you stationed at DAFB?? I fly Medevac for the Army Guard. Maybe we could get together and exchange flights!

Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby Auxillary » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:59 am

Daffy,
Yep, I'm stationed at Dover in the C-5. Is that a 60? I've always wanted to learn to fly a helo, my friends tell me it's hard as heck to learn.
By the way, I've heard of a nice sporting goods store up in Smyrna. I need to pick the wife up a new 20 gauge, the hand me down youth 20 she's shooting doesn't fit her and it's really just not cutting it. Any directions to this place?
Aux

PS: Great Pic! :thumbsup:
Auxillary
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Yes we have both 60's and UH-1's. The sporting goods store you are refering to is Smyrna Sporting Goods and I actually used to play in there when I was little. He definitely has a lot of used guns as well as new ones to choose from. He is pretty reasonable too. To get there proceed from Dover North on 13. Just as you come into Smyrna there is a large cemetary on your right and Lake Como on your left. The first left you can make take that and Smyrna Sporting Goods will be on your right at the first light you come to. You can also proceed North on 13 into Smyrna to the first light @ BCP Chrysler, Wendy's, and Willis Ford, turn left and they are on your left at the first light. The store sits on the corner. Good Luck!!

So....... When are you coming for a flight????????Image
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby TommyW » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Hey Daffy Ducking just got back from vacation. I was in Ft. McMurray
Alberta Canada. :smile:
WHAT SAID IN THE BLIND STAYS IN THE BLIND
TommyW
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:17 am

Welcome Back!!!! :welcome:
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby gunner7848 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Just starting to fish for walleye here in Michigan waiting till end of Dec-beginning of Jan. to do some hunting with you again Daffy.
2007 season
1 TURKEY-1-10" BEARD
WALLEYE:
BOATED-176
Me-78
GEESE-34
DUCK-58
BANDS-3
My favorite duck and goose call timber call and Michigander by David Lewis
gunner7848
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:43 am

Can't wait!! I had a great time hunting with ya's!!! :banger:
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting