Delaware Bay Loaded With Sea Ducks!

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Delaware Bay Loaded With Sea Ducks!

Postby Daffy Ducking » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:17 am

I was fishing the other day in the Bay and was amazed by the number of Scoters that we saw! I'm talking flocks of more than 75 or more at a time. We saw a few flocks of Oldsquaw / Longtails. But the flocks of Scoters were insane!! :crazy:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby Auxillary » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Nice, I'll be honest though, I wouldn't be able to ID different birds right now. I only got mallards and a few pintails in the Alaska chain.

I just got back from vacation by the way. I brought my bow back too. I was wondering if anyone did any archery of any kind out here.

Daffy, I'd love to fly with ya sometime, but I'm not able to get anyone on our plane that's not stationed at Dover. It's sometimes a nightmare just trying to put one of my own pilots on our own local flights. What kind of boat do you use to take out into the bay? I've got a little 18' Cajun, but I'm scared to take it out beyond the mouth of the tributaries in the Chesapeake. Oh yeah, do you ever come out to the base here to shoot skeet?

Aux
Auxillary
hunter

Postby HowIdo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:17 pm

I think im going to try some diver hunting this season, those scoters are crazy looking and I would like to shoot one! :thumbsup:
Why lose when you can Win?

Proud to be everything Liberals cant stand!!
HowIdo
hunter

Postby Auxillary » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Anyone got a pic of one?
Auxillary
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:41 am

ImageScoter that I shot on the Chesapeake with a hunter that I met on the forum. My first Sea Duck.
ImageImageThe same hunter who took me Scoter hunting took me out for some Longtail action. Had a BLAST! :sniper:

Hey Auxillary if you get a chance I am flying Tues.4/15 and Thurs.4/17 in the evening. If you are interested drop me a PM with some contact information as well as I will let you know what you need to do also. In response to your questions I have two boats. A 17' War Eagle with a 25 horse Yamaha and a 20' Crestliner with a 115 horse Johnson. Sea Duck hunting is SO FUN!

Hope to hear from ya! :hi:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting