Dove Hunting

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Dove Hunting

Postby drewsmith » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

If anyone is looking for a spot, I have a good number left in Delaware (Dover and Milford) and a few in Maryland after the first week. The opener is $150 a man and thereafter $100 a day. We rotate and limit hunting to ensure productive places. 12-5 is the times we shoot the sunflower fields. They are mowed to hunt and staked (defined hunting spot that is 70 yards from another) for safety. Call early if you have a group that wants to rent an entire field. We can do 6 to 30 and can arrange food, tents and beverages. If interested call Bobby Burris 302-528-1977. Marshtown Hunting Preserve Dover DE
drewsmith
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Thanks for posting the invite!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby drewsmith » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:36 pm

I don't know your real name vs your user name and if this is someone I know I apologize. Call me if this is an oversight 302-528-1203 Drew
drewsmith
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:45 pm

No Drew I don't think we know each other. I may have past you a few times out at one of the public blind areas or at a DU event. I just think it's great that folks like yourself are posting invites on the site for folks like myself and all the other Delaware guys to see. Thaks so much for the offer sir! :hi:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby drewsmith » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:09 am

For the opener, It all started after 3pm. Just a slow pick up till then. After that the skies opener up and the limiting factor was your shooting and how fast you could pick up birds. In total I planted 11 fields. Maryland was a big disapointment. There are way too many sunflower fields in Kent County to compete with. Sussex County was average. The sandy soil and no rain limited the size of the flowers and with constant mowing, a field of 28 acres of flowers that had ten hunters only shot 90 birds. Kent County DE was the place to be on Monday. With eight fields containing 77 acres of flowers, 80 hunters shot over 1,000 doves.
drewsmith
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting