New to waterfowl, wanting to tag along!

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

New to waterfowl, wanting to tag along!

Postby mihc45 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:51 am

Hey everyone, i am new to the sport of waterfowl hunting (kinda) I used to go with my dad when i was like 10-12, but he stopped hunting like 8 years ago and i havent been out since. Well i would like to tag along with someone to learn the ropes again, and maybe meet a few hunting partners.

I live in Middletown, and dont really mind traveling to meet someone. Thanks. if you want you can email me at mihc45@msn.com
mihc45
Newb

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:32 pm

:welcome: I probably will not be going out the rest of the season that's in now, but I will e-mail you if I can make it out on the last season. :thumbsup: Welcome back to the sport!
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby mihc45 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:14 pm

ok cool. yeah i cant wait to get back out there! i never thought i would want to go hunting again, but hearing all the guys out on job sites talking bout hunting i really want to get back into it!

Are there places in delaware where there are publice duck blinds you can rent fot the day? or public land that you can hunt on?
mihc45
Newb

Postby DEDuck34 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:37 pm

welcome to the site...yea there are plenty of places to go...if you go on DNREC's website and go under fish and wildlife...and then find the WMA Maps...you can take a look at all the public spots you can go
DEDuck34
hunter

Postby mihc45 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:54 pm

here is a quick question for ya. i live in odessa, and when im driving on rt.9 around portpenn area, i see pull off spots and deerstands and duck blinds out there, can anyone hunt there or do you have to reserve the spots or what?
mihc45
Newb

Postby mihc45 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:03 pm

ok i found that there is a lottery for these spots, but i also read that you need a boat to get them, what ones do i look out for where i wont need a boat? Also is this lottery hard to get into?
mihc45
Newb

Postby JohnM » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:59 pm

:welcome: There are some spots at cedar swamp and ted harvey that you do not need a boat to hunt.As for the lottery,as long as you have all your permits just show up 1 1/2 - 2 hours before legal shooting time, your number is what order you showed up for and they draw numbers till there are no more blinds left.You could be the first to show up and if they do not call your number then you do not get a blind there.I think the later the season goes along only the hardcore duck hunters show up.
Local 313, NAHC LM, DU,NRA

Trying To Teach An Old Dog Some New Tricks
JohnM
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting